Mounting Vega Tires

I will try it again but I think Im going to need to buy a tire mounting machine. The amount of time im spending struggling to mount these tires on the rim I would consider it a good investment.

Personally the hardest set of tire I have ever mounted other than some hard rental tires was a set of ELs. I was luckier other times, but that particular set was just a pain. I have mounted many sets of 5¨ Vegas. It was a spec tire for most FIA/CIK classes during the 90s, at least at local and regional level.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post. I haven't been able to work on the kart lately but today I was able to mount the Vega's .I sat them out in the sun for a few hours and that made the difference, I was able to mount them by hand with the use of some windex. I just wanted to follow up with the post so if someone else has the same problem.

IMHO
As easy as 1, 2, 3
#1 Put them out in the sun for a few hours
#2 Start from back side & Use GOJO Natural Orange SMOOTH Creme style NOT Pumice as a lube
#3 Done deal

JMHO

I do like Fastyammi does, you need strong hands, and the whites are a bit harder. The T.T. wash works good, but don't ever think of using anything like Simple Green if you're making any kind of H.P. I saw 2 tires on the same day that were done with S.G. and both came off the inside of the rim. Also some older rims have a wider inside bead area, they are really tough, and at my age of 75 with arthritis in my hands, I just might need to look into a mounting machine.

Back