Mycron 4 ???

MiCkEyDeAn

My mycron 4 has went to **** anyone have any ideas as to the problem ... Altho ive changed batteries made sure connections on lead are as good as they can me it will only read that my kart is running at like 3500 rpm and i know its not lol ... It picks up lap times fine just won't read the right rpm ... Can the lead go bad ??? Its just a wire right

After some reading i see that i shouldn't have my lead in a tube altho thats the way i have had it ran for yrs with no problems ... Is this the cause for this ???

Make sure the wire is wrapped around the plug wire a couple times. I had a problem getting up to the rpms I needed, so I thought, wrapped the wire and found my rpms.

I think your RPM setting has been accidently changed. Just had this happen last week. Have no clue how I did it, but it was. All I had done was changed batteries., and the tach wasn't right.

If its a Clone then your best bet for good RPM's would be to connect the MyChron4 RPM wire to the wire used for the kill switch on your Clone. Thats the best possible RPM for those engines. If its not a Clone then the things you need to check would be RPM factor, RPM maximum and check the RPM wire and make sure its not pinched or cut. Make sure the end where it runs through the MyChron has about a half an inch pulled through. Also be sure your battery is good and that its a good alkaline. If you still cant get good RPM's give us a call and we will get your gauge in here to see what could be wrong.

AiM Sports SE
800-718-9090
Mike

Like a couple of others hinted at...

Is the 3500 RPM you are seeing at the peak? If it is, that is essentially half of what you should be pulling which makes me think your spark per rev is set incorrectly. Make sure spark per RPM is set to 1, not 2. The OHV motors are a "wasted spark" setup, they spark once every turn.

Here's the specific setting you need to look at....

15d2_2414.png

I made a little write up for it too: https://www.kartpulse.com/article/2...clones-briggs-lo206-and-other-ohv-kart-engine

The advice above saying to hook the rpm lead directly to the wire coming from the coil to the kill switch is some of the best advice you will get, that is the most accurate place to hook it on the clones. And make sure your settings are set up right like these guys said above also. Great advice you have been given

I have had the same problem from time to time if you don't have a kill switch = where would you hook the wire too. Thanks for the info.

I pull my plug wire to shut mine off is that bad ????

If its a Clone then your best bet for good RPM's would be to connect the MyChron4 RPM wire to the wire used for the kill switch on your Clone. Thats the best possible RPM for those engines. If its not a Clone then the things you need to check would be RPM factor, RPM maximum and check the RPM wire and make sure its not pinched or cut. Make sure the end where it runs through the MyChron has about a half an inch pulled through. Also be sure your battery is good and that its a good alkaline. If you still cant get good RPM's give us a call and we will get your gauge in here to see what could be wrong.

AiM Sports SE
800-718-9090
Mike

When you say hook it direct do you mean pig tail it in like splicing it to the line or just wraping it around it like i have been around the spark plug wire

When you say hook it direct do you mean pig tail it in like splicing it to the line or just wraping it around it like i have been around the spark plug wire

get a male a female connector and put one on the kill switch lead and one on the tech lead and connect the two together and your good to go.

get a male a female connector and put one on the kill switch lead and one on the tech lead and connect the two together and your good to go.

Thanks guys i will give it a go ... Just never had any problems out of it before ... Karting is a hobby but to keep everything in top running order its a second job lol ... You guys are awesome .. Thanks to all of you guys and your help im currently leading the points at my local track by 6 with 5 races left of season ... Almost ready for it to be over lol almost

Back