NASCAR/Network Conspiracy?

Why does no one in the media call a spade a spade with the official tire provider for NASCAR? When everyone from the 10 and the 40 all the way to Six-Time has problems with tires blowing, what's the common denominator? How many lives are going to be put on the line before the sanctioning body looks out for the good of the sport and its competitors instead of who lines the pockets of the sanctioning body? I know tomorrow on Race Hub Larry Mac will blame the teams for running too much camber and low air pressures, but look at the 48, with the best engineers money can buy and Chad Knaus calling the shots as he has for six championships.

Some years back Tony Stewart started a rant on Goodyears tires , nascar shut him up.

TWR

It went like this; that's the last set of goodyear tires I will ever own. I am taking them off everything I own.

Looking at things from a little different standpoint, could the new "team alliance" now exert a little more influence upon the selection of the "official tire of NASCAR? Tire problems directly impact the teams' bottom line moreso than any other entity, so that may make a little sense. Marketing executives shouldn't be the only people with input on decisions like this. I remember hearing some time ago that NASCAR had met with Michelin executives.

I'd like to see them do the same with tires as they do with Cars and Engines. Let them run what they want. We have Toyota, Chevy and Ford for cars. Multiple engine suppliers. Bring Hoosier and Firestone in and let them compete with Goodyear

I'd like to see them do the same with tires as they do with Cars and Engines. Let them run what they want. We have Toyota, Chevy and Ford for cars. Multiple engine suppliers. Bring Hoosier and Firestone in and let them compete with Goodyear

The families of Rodney Orr and Neil Bonnet may beg to differ with you on that one. The tire wars of the early '90s claimed the lives of good racers.

IMO....I doubt ANY other tire manufacture is hungury 'enough' too deal with NASCAR, or...Big enough. Nor would Michelin stoop low-enough.

Only 4 or 5 cars had tire problems, its racing it going to happen.now if every race was like indy few years then I would see a legitimate complaint, but since theyre not,a huge majority of the problem is the teams and the piece of debris that gets ran over from time to time imo

The families of Rodney Orr and Neil Bonnet may beg to differ with you on that one. The tire wars of the early '90s claimed the lives of good racers.

The tires were never proven to be the cause of either wreck. Experts point to part failures as the cause...NASCAR blamed driver error.

The tires were never proven to be the cause of either wreck. Experts point to part failures as the cause...NASCAR blamed driver error.

A wise man once told me "A man can make his mouth say anything". We all know what went on, and so did the sanctioning body.

Has team stated they had a tire issue when running within Goodyear's specified min pressure/max camber? Any time I've heard of a "tire issue" the story goes "We've been running the same pressures/cambers all weekend and didn't have an issue until now".

Teams make a choice in regards to recommendations and speed. As in many other years, the 48 team seems to like to try lots of things leading up to the chase. Seems like more of the same.

I think nascar needs to set a boundary for body and engines and as long as the pieces and the part fit inside the boundary then they can race. Let any manufacturer be in NASCAR. It's how it used to be.

A very few years ago The WoO went with Goodyear as their tire manufacturer for a couple or three seasons instead of using Hoosiers as most sprint car teams did for years. For the 20+ years before that I had seen a total of 5 total catastrophic tire failures (as opposed to simple flats) on 410 sprints running Hoosiers. From the start of the season to mid July during the first year of the Goodyears, I saw 6 such catastrophic failures, 4 of them on the 410 sprints of drivers I knew. In talking to one of the old hand drivers about it, he asked if I had noticed that the one thing the Goodyears had done was make the competition a bit closer (I told him yes, they had done that), and he said he thought that was the root of the problem - teams were pushing tire pressures to the limit on the low side (and sometimes a bit beyond what was prudent, as they looked for the limits) in order to gain ANY traction advantage they could over the competition. I don't know if we're seeing a version of that here or not, but it's possible that some teams, in their search for an edge (however small), are crowding the limits closer than is wise. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time a tire company screwed up, either.

Just watched tape of monday's race hub Jimmy admitted he hit the wall on his own putting fender on tire, your theory does not hold much water.

Back