NASCAR rent a rides

You all are forgetting that maybe when the guy runs his truck at $100,000 per race he has a sponsor paying $100,000 (or more). If that's the case it's cheaper than when I race my kart. :)

she finished lower than you will ever start....keep that in mind

Its in all of our minds that good looks make money. Why is there a term called trophy wife? Cuz money trumps all. And that is a fact. Who is a better driver her or almendinger? Who will have a ride longer? First answer him second answer her. Money money money. You don't have to knock a guy everytime they bring up danica by saying she's in a better spot them him. That's just belittling people for. Telling the facts

I did it a few times at Pocono & a few other tracks in a Series, if you don't get enough sponsorship to cover, you have to pay the rest to the car owner. in those day anywhere from $2,500 up to $10,000
I stopped because in NY its hard to get sponsors and couldn't afford it, I had to pay.....

I talked yesterday with an employee of a very successful Nascar truck team. He said the cost per race in the truck series is around 100,000. If you bring 2.2 million (I think there are 22 races per year.) you can run a full season in trucks. Stepping up to Nationwide, if you lease an engine from one of the top builders it will be around $130,000 per race just for the engine. Cost per race in Nationwide for a top-10 ride starts at $165,000 and goes all the way to $250,000. We didn't get into Cup.

By the way, if you're interested in going racing, I picked up two Toyota truck hoods yesterday, one 2013 and one 2014. The body hanger for the team told me they cost about $1,500 each. I gave $20 each. You just need the rest of the truck and you're ready to go racing! :)

Lake, the 2014 hood has a scoop, the 2013 doesn't. The 2014 has a little bit of cosmetic damage on I think the right side, barely noticeable but because of the carbon fiber it was enough damage to scrap it. I should get them home tomorrow and I'll take pictures. Interested? My idea has been to auction them off for a charity (Melanoma Research Foundation). Both raced by Johnny Sauter. I got them from his body hanger.

Both are carbon fiber with thin sheet metal on top I think.

Is it metal or aluminum................If you going to auction for a charity, nice go right ahead just post when and where is the auction........
Have a nice day sir...

I'll auction them online after I get around to gathering more info on them. I know the body hanger personally so that will be easy. He actually brought 3 hoods to a charity golf tournament Saturday. 1 was a Matt Crafton "Ansell" hood that went for more money. I think because none of the golfers brought something to haul them home the bids were down. My wife was pretty upset when I picked these up, that's why I'm going to offer them online soon. I'll set a reserve and buyer must pick up, meet, or pay for shipping. If the reserve isn't met I'll keep them for my eventual hypothetical race shop for wall art. :)

Back