need a very fast drop prep

Liberty where he is racing is 30 minutes from the house. Track is normally sloppy wet. When it comes around which it does get decent time to time depending on weather a heavy rolled tire is great. But more times than not a 2 to 4 oz older rolled tire killed outside with something other than goat will fly. Tried goat during the week. Track is too big and goat kills the roll speed during the week. A little goat added in with softener works great trackside. Track will go from a vega wet in qualifying to a 3-4 oz tire wiped with hard track stuff only on some nights. Personally best tires I had were rolled 2 or 3 oz run and put up for about a month or two. Then week before race 're rolled same amount with hl2. Not to soften just freshen. Then wiped or rolled heavily.

Hey big cat I've already had a run in with you before on this whole prep deal an so have many other great tire guys on here. So I tell you what. Man up an give me a call sometime. My number is 678-882-9827. I'll be waiting on your call smart ass. I'm sick of you all time getting on here an wanting to argue with someone like your the only one that knows anything about what's best for the tire. That's my personal number. An look here. You call me an I don't pick up. Please do me a favor an leave a voice mail bc I'm looking forward to calling you back.
I will call again here shortly...are you interested in getting a qt or gallons of prep from us....JMO

No body would be argueing if they just banned this crap but ole meow would pro. Find someone or something to argue about he he he ! You got to love all this talk !

No body would be argueing if they just banned this crap but ole meow would pro. Find someone or something to argue about he he he ! You got to love all this talk !
since when is it a crime to have dought.....Im sure many others dought things as well...they just don't post...that's not good...

Weddle...you use and talk about so many preps at different times on so many sets of tires you to me cant seem to know if your pitching or catching with when and where to use each prep or what prep or preps you have for each set of tires...have you used that new prep that adds 10x the bite...it almost flipps karts in the corners.....LOL....I mean seriously...why don't you get mine n try it...then tell how it works so fantastic for you....your almost as good a salesman as the guy with prep that has 10x the bite prep as GOAT....our prep is really close to krugs....LOL

No offense to you, or your prep, but i dont use other peoples homemade prep unless i know whats in it, and have seen it work. I have not seen your prep work anywhere, especially not around here, and have not heard of anyone mention it, or using it, even though you jump in all kinds of threads pushing your prep on people, saying its the best there is for any and every condition lol.

I have one of pretty much every prep on the market, iv tried everything at some time or another and i know what works around here on the tracks we race at and what doesnt work. As far as what preps iv used on which tires and all that, its as simple as writing it on the inside back of the wheel, what prep and how many CC, or just what prep those tires are for, its pretty simple and more people do this than you think. Have you not had your customers tires come in to you for work, and have 30, 60, 90, or whatever CC of a certain prep written on them somewhere? As much as you say you do tires for people, surely you have seen some marked. Never said anything about believing the guy who said something about a prep that has 10x the bite, id call BS on that anyways, unless they were talking about Track Tac SST5 maybe lol. That stuff really does have 10x the bite of most preps you see.

LS3, Goat, GK1-Blue and Black Bite have always seemed to soften my tires through the week. Try some of those. JMO

LS3 and LS4 will both drop the duro, LS4 will drop a tire 10-15 points if you apply heat and only wipe a few times, or you can use heat and roll for 30 mins for a bigger duro drop. I prefer to wipe those preps though. Ls1 is a perfect conditioner, Ls2 is good for trackside on medium and on colder high bite tracks, Ls3 is good for low to medium bite tracks when its cold or there is moisture in the track, and LS4 is good for wet, cold or just plain low bite sloppy tracks. I have alot of experience with these preps and use them more than anything else anymore

Make sure you don't get your tires to hot because it could make them harder from what I heard

just the opposite actually, the hotter you get the tire, the softer the rubber gets actually. One reason people heat tires before applying prep or when applying prep is because the heat softens up the rubber and opens up the pores, letting the prep soak deeper into the tire. Try this, use your durometer and check a tire at room temp or cold, then heat that tire up to say 90* or 100* and check duro again. Duro will drop the hotter the tire gets. This is why you should use a tire that is a little harder than you think you need when choosing a tire to race on, because once that tire gets heated up on the track, the duro goes down. I always run the hardest tires i can get away with

Yea it does drop the duro I just heard that if you heat your tires I mean really hot and for a long time it will feel soft but once they cool down they get harder than they were but yeah I like to get my tires pretty hot then prep and leave them in room temperature because if you put them back into the heat then your prep will just evaporate and be wasted

No need to get tires above 100 degrees when prepping. Just wasting the prep due to evaporation. Most prep on the market with the exception of a couple are very high concentrations if not completely solvent based with very little heavy oil. When you heat certain preps too much you may as well just wipe plain water on them. Open flames will multiply the effect. Heat guns dont use a flame and would be preferred. But torches are easier to walk around with and use. Heat is one of the elements they use making the tires to cure them out before they can be used. Too much heat and you will deteriorate or cure the tire too much. If a tire stops taking prep and your forced to get them way too hot, may as well put them back on the tire rack and pull a set down worked harder during the week. Only two ways to get more prep in A) put them on track and run some of the surface prep off or B) let the tire sit and cure pulling the oils deeper into the tire so more can be applied on top. No sacrifice for preparation.

LS3 and LS4 will both drop the duro, LS4 will drop a tire 10-15 points if you apply heat and only wipe a few times, or you can use heat and roll for 30 mins for a bigger duro drop. I prefer to wipe those preps though. Ls1 is a perfect conditioner, Ls2 is good for trackside on medium and on colder high bite tracks, Ls3 is good for low to medium bite tracks when its cold or there is moisture in the track, and LS4 is good for wet, cold or just plain low bite sloppy tracks. I have alot of experience with these preps and use them more than anything else anymore

Weddle - How do you use LS2 at the track? For me the 2 takes too long to soak in and dry. Curious if you have worked with TS1 and TS2?

No offense to you, or your prep, but i dont use other peoples homemade prep unless i know whats in it, and have seen it work. I have not seen your prep work anywhere, especially not around here, and have not heard of anyone mention it, or using it, even though you jump in all kinds of threads pushing your prep on people, saying its the best there is for any and every condition lol.

I have one of pretty much every prep on the market, iv tried everything at some time or another and i know what works around here on the tracks we race at and what doesnt work. As far as what preps iv used on which tires and all that, its as simple as writing it on the inside back of the wheel, what prep and how many CC, or just what prep those tires are for, its pretty simple and more people do this than you think. Have you not had your customers tires come in to you for work, and have 30, 60, 90, or whatever CC of a certain prep written on them somewhere? As much as you say you do tires for people, surely you have seen some marked. Never said anything about believing the guy who said something about a prep that has 10x the bite, id call BS on that anyways, unless they were talking about Track Tac SST5 maybe lol. That stuff really does have 10x the bite of most preps you see.
Now since you only been racing karts since last April... Many and myself can see why you haven't seen or heard much about my prep....and I can gurantee you don't know whats all in those other preps you say you have used in the last few months you been in a kart....

Now since you only been racing karts since last April... Many and myself can see why you haven't seen or heard much about my prep....and I can gurantee you don't know whats all in those other preps you say you have used in the last few months you been in a kart....

i dont worry about whats in all the name brand preps, they are trusted, proven and used by many with good results. Its the homemade stuff i dont mess with, no offense to you. Send me a sample of your prep, ill try it this weekend at the local track and if i like how it does, ill buy a gallon and may continue to buy it. I may have only been racing karts since last april, but that is every single weekend that wasnt rained out, sometimes both days each weekend, 2 classes each day most time. Thats alot of track time if you think about it, more than most people get when starting out. And there werent very many that were rained out around here. Iv been fortunate enough to have a pretty good start and pretty good luck racing locally, the bigger shows is where i need to improve my game more lol. I seem to get a little lost at those big races sometimes, like you seen at Liberty this yr. Not new to racing, just kart racing ;)

Back