Need help with speed

Billy13

Champ kart maxxis el no prep stock predator high bank asphalt. Kart feels good flat foot around but still finishing about half a lap behind lead group. Running what I consider high left and high cross.

IF you're flat footing it all the way around you are likely tight and the kart is locked down. They always "feel good" when they are locked down and can be driven anywhere on the track but they aren't fast...

If it works the same on asphalt as dirt gearing is critical and no where close to other SR Classes, Example If gearing for Sr Clone would be 14 / 62 this motor would be like a 17 / 62, plus like double the air pressure as that other class.

Do you know the track size ? What gearing are you on ? How much air pressure are you using ?

If it works the same on asphalt as dirt gearing is critical and no where close to other SR Classes, Example If gearing for Sr Clone would be 14 / 62 this motor would be like a 17 / 62, plus like double the air pressure as that other class.

Do you know the track size ? What gearing are you on ? How much air pressure are you using ?

Gearing is on, it is same everyone runs with in a tooth depending on track. We have been running LF tire on LS and normal right sides, with this I set RS pressure and set LS to get stargger Usually L-32 to 35 RS-25. Track is a high banked 1/4 mile.

I'm NO asphalt guy I'll be first to admit, But I'd say your pressures and that much reverse split is big part of your issue.
Kj26 HELP !!
Curious what gearing that is for a 1/4 mile track.

I have tried to grow LS and shrink RS as much as possible. Just at a loss as more ways to unbind / loosen kart.

First off we dont know the set up, which is key info with any type of help.
Secondly, thats too much air. Is this the track in Fl, or somewhere else?

Gearing is on, it is same everyone runs with in a tooth depending on track. We have been running LF tire on LS and normal right sides, with this I set RS pressure and set LS to get stargger Usually L-32 to 35 RS-25. Track is a high banked 1/4 mile.

Are you really running 32-35psi in your left tires and 25psi in your Rights? No wonder you're out to lunch!!! I'm no asphalt guy but I have ran a few asphalt ovals in my day and we were NEVER that high in air nor using a reverse split!

I could see a max of about 18 in the rights & 16 lefts but I'd more likely be around 12/10 or 14/12 with the higher amount always in the rights. I not understanding the reverse split, its a go kart, it has no idea if the track is banked or flat. I'm guessing a 21/64 gear ??

I could see a max of about 18 in the rights & 16 lefts but I'd more likely be around 12/10 or 14/12 with the higher amount always in the rights. I not understanding the reverse split, its a go kart, it has no idea if the track is banked or flat. I'm guessing a 21/64 gear ??
I take it like he's only doing the reverse split to maintain stagger, Your gearing thought's are close to mine I might even try little bigger front driver.

I have no idea, but if that’s the case, stretch the tire and be done with it or put narrower wheels on the left sides.
Sorry for no response Bobs stop telling me there where post.

Yes the split is for stagger. I asked so.e one about split. I was running 2lbs and was told put this in RS and run what ever in LS to get stagger. I am going to try running LRs on RS this weekend and see what that does. I have tried shrinking / growing tires multiple times and the just won't stay. Started storing kart with RS dumped and LS at 60 psi.

They are definitely giving you some crappy info on tires.
Are you using heat to shrink or stretch ? I've had issues shrinking, but I can stretch anything and it wont shrink back.

What tire sizes are you trying to obtain ?

They are definitely giving you some crappy info on tires.
Are you using heat to shrink or stretch ? I've had issues shrinking, but I can stretch anything and it wont shrink back.

What tire sizes are you trying to obtain ?
To grow I air to about 60 and roll in front of propane heater and let cool. Shrink I roll in front of heater pull core squeeze out air replace core and submerge in water till cool.

To grow I air to about 60 and roll in front of propane heater and let cool. Shrink I roll in front of heater pull core squeeze out air replace core and submerge in water till cool.

To grow, air up to 1/4” bigger than what you want & heat with propane torch, tire warmer, heat gun, oven, grill (400 no flame) they need to be nice and hot, then let them cool. Let air out slowly, don’t pull the stem.

Shrink, remove core get hot 350/400, then do what you do, best is in bucket of ice and water.

To grow, air up to 1/4” bigger than what you want & heat with propane torch, tire warmer, heat gun, oven, grill (400 no flame) they need to be nice and hot, then let them cool. Let air out slowly, don’t pull the stem.

Shrink, remove core get hot 350/400, then do what you do, best is in bucket of ice and water.

350/400? We have had good results at 150. Way easier to handle I'm sure..

Yea I don't think I'm ever letting one of my tires full of prep/etc get to 350-400*! I've never had issues growing or shrinking at 180-200*

Back