nemesis push

Well I wish I had good news to report but we ran the same. I played with gear all night with no help. I asked around and got different answers all night. Anywhere from 13/59 to 14/60. I was at 13/56, Then 13/59, then 13/62 and back to 13/59. My other kid in a phenom was on a 14/58, he seemed to have flashes of brillance. Unfortunatly, I don't have a mycron so I don't know who is turning what RPM's. Overall the kart seemed to handle well but we couldn't pick up speed. Current numbers are Front 44.4, Cross 68, Left 54.4. Front Stagger 1 1/4, Rear 1 3/8. I want to recheck front end settings yet since I did make some adjustments at the track. Where do I go from here? I'm starting to feel sorry for the boy. We competed and won the last few years but now I don't know if it's the switch to LO206 from flathead or if it's me. It's not helping any that his younger brother is running on his tail in his first season up from kiddies and his youngest brother is cleaning up in kiddie's. The only one he has bragging rights over is his sister who is in her first kiddie season. The phenom seemed to have flashes this week. He kept up with the top dogs in the heats but then got lapped in the feature. He's currently at 48 Front, 63.3 cross and 52.4 left but I don't think that will work for the Nemi.

The kart you were playing with gearing what class , weight,and motor ?

The nemi. 8 to 12 yr olds. LO206 Purple Slide, weighing in at 255.

I'm no Lo 206 guy don't know how they stack up to reg animal, but I do know a little bit about a 1/8th mile MOMENTUM track, a Purple plate animal would be best on a 15 - 62 with a 13 driver I think your WAY off on gearing.

Spaulding I am by no means an expert but you said stagger was 1 1/4 front and 1 3/8 rear.that sounds back wards to me.should be the opposite

Never thought to try the 15 clutch. When I had a 14/62 on it most of the guys told me I was insane and needed to go 13/59. So that's where I went. I've got the 15/62 in my bag, so I'll give it a try this week.

My stagger was actually dervied from the posts above. I was way lower then the suggestions so I got as close as I could with what I had. I didn't want to stretch/shrink/buy new until I had an idea of where I wanted to be.

I did spend the weekend moving things around and finally bucked up and bought a laser toe system. Ok, I didn't actually buck up, I begged a friend to put his business on the karts. Found out I was way off on the geometry. Hopefully that will help out. I appreciate the help guys.

Never thought to try the 15 clutch. When I had a 14/62 on it most of the guys told me I was insane and needed to go 13/59. So that's where I went. I've got the 15/62 in my bag, so I'll give it a try this week.
14/62 = 4.43
13/59 = 4.54
13/58 = 4.46
15/67 = 4.47
15/62 = 4.13
a difference in ratio of .11, as I see it, wouldn't be insane to me. The 4.54 might get you out of the corners a little bit faster, but not a significant amount. In most of the posts here, when talking about changing drivers, I think a majority go to the bigger driver.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

My stagger was actually dervied from the posts above. I was way lower then the suggestions so I got as close as I could with what I had. I didn't want to stretch/shrink/buy new until I had an idea of where I wanted to be.

I did spend the weekend moving things around and finally bucked up and bought a laser toe system. Ok, I didn't actually buck up, I begged a friend to put his business on the karts. Found out I was way off on the geometry. Hopefully that will help out. I appreciate the help guys.

Unless I'm missing something the stagger suggest above is 1 3/8th " front not rear, and as far as the gearing AGAIN I do not know about the Lo 206 for sure how it stacks up yes it's an animal but No experience with them, However the purple plate Animal for a 1/8th mile momentum track with a good smooth driver behind the wheel I'm positive the 15 driver will be best rear will be around 62 if tracks good and karts rolling maybe little lower to keep your target RPM. Problems you found should help sounds like you were scrubbing speed.

Good Luck !!

Here's what I'd do:
Nemesis:
53 to 54 left, 45 nose, 63 cross, +1/2, -2.75, 8 and 12 castor

Phenom:
53 to 54 left, 46.5 to 47 nose, 63 cross, +1/2, -2.75, 8 and 12 castor

Remind me of the track size and I'll give rear stagger for both karts.

If it were me I'd make sure I had the seats mounted well, I had the numbers I listed and then I would not adjust the kart AT ALL until it was reasonably close. I'd work with tires, tire pressures and driving until it was fairly close. Only then would I go back to the numbers.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

Are you sure your qualified without knowing the radius and Al's spread sheet lol!!
SORRY could not help myself.
LOL. If not knowing the radius of the turn is okay, why worry about stagger at all? Going with the idea that "some is good", but not important, everybody could run one inch. Just saying, "1/8 mile" tells you nothing about the track. Unless the person, giving the advice, has been there, any advice you receive is nothing more than a guess.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

Thanks Todd. I'll give it a try next week. I didn't have time to put them on before this week. I'm trying to get through dynamics of speed as fast as I can but my reading is about as fast as our lap times. Slow. We were a hair better this week on the nemi pushed center off but I'm high on cross/RF Camber to Todds numbers so that should help. Picked up a couple of tenths but everybody was slower by 2-3 tenths. We ran 13.0 they were running 12.6-12.7 Phenom wasn't good but that's a combination of new driver syndrome and set-up.

Back