Nemesis???

turns in ok, but bad in the middle and off. 2 new sets of tires with different prep, same result. I have the toe, camber and castor to spec. Track is not smooth finished and I am beginning to think of going to a low cross setup. HELP?

45 nose 55 left 52 cross -2.5 rf +.50 lf 1/2 lb split in tires say 3.5-4 left side 4.5-5 psi on rights on mushy wet tracks i like to feel the right sides work lower left will help you get that lower cross will get lr to work off corner to help with that loose off use cross to fine tune drive off

Try getting left down to 54 even 53 ish and go 68 or so on the cross those nemesis really loved high cross even go to 70 but just make sure you are getting plenty of bite out of the tires of thee is moisture on the track use the torch and gold prep.

Question I have a friend on a nem big guy 6"4 or 6"5 280-290 so set him up at 1 1/2 front stagger 1 1/4 rear he's stuck at 59 left I put him at 58x and can only get 43 nose 2 1/2 rf cam 1/2 lf and when you put the kart on the ground lf won't touch the ground any suggestions besides tweaked chassis?

I concur with fastbraden's numbers for the most part. My nemesis hates cross in the 59-62 range. Come out of the turns with the wheel turned all the way left and the hammer down. Not good. Until this year I had always backed back down to 57-58 and went with it so I could steer it. This year went on past that point and found that the steering comes back on either side of 69-61. Now running around 65-66 and loving it! Try to find that sweet spot above 62 and you won't regret it.

DD

In my experience with the Nemesis, it was always a lower/left higher cross kart.

I had a ton of success with an 01 Nemesis on a 1/8 mile high bank, but I never had the left above 56 (at 400 weight) and never had my cross below 64. When I went below 64 cross, the kart just really laid down and died.

I would try in the 66-68 range to really get the kart working.

Camber and king pin inclination are completely different. King pin inclination is the angle of the kingpin, in relation to the spindle snout, not in relation to the ground. so no matter what camber you are running, kpi doesn't change unless you bend the spindle.

Camber and king pin inclination are completely different. King pin inclination is the angle of the kingpin, in relation to the spindle snout, not in relation to the ground. so no matter what camber you are running, kpi doesn't change unless you bend the spindle.
Actually, most karts today, in order to change the camber, they change the kingpin inclination. I'm not sure how much, but they all do it. Some camber may be built into the spindle and some kingpin inclination might be built into the kart frame. Still, small changes in the camber are accomplished with small changes in the kingpin inclination.

Actually, if you move the top of the kingpin .200", and it was 4 inches long, that would be 3 degrees.

Back