New Forum Update

Seems strange now but It's ok, feels like being on Facebook. ... :)

edit: just noticed something Bob. Did you intend all users would be able to look at other users ip addresses?

edit again: just noticed I could report some users as spam and other users can not be reported as spam. Don't care one way or another only pointing it out to you.

edit again and again: If it's just me that can see and report someone as spam deleting their post, I won't be report anyone as spam or deleting anything.

Please delete this reply I made if you like, if it is just me who can do it for some old reason.

Last edited:
The reason for the change,
Vbulletin 4.x, which I was running, is over ten years old and hasn't been supported for more than a year.
It was very reliable, and served me well for a long time. I own the new version of Vbulletin (VB5), but to be honest, it has a bad reputation

The new software, Xenforo, has a good reputation and an active community working on it. That was the reason for the switch.

Long story short, I've got everything updated, and everything should work ok on phones. So, if it's reliable, I should be able to kick back and enjoy my golden years after I get the hang of the new forum software. :)

Just a suggestion you might try and see if it's ok.

The thread/post headings on main pages are blue in color like most of the page. For me it makes it hard to separate out and read thread headings. Maybe you might try making the headings on main pages black the same as words we read in posts? I think it would make it easier on the eye when scanning down looking for an interesting or past thread to read?

The one thing I see that's "major" is no banner ads at the top of the page. Did they get moved or are they no longer available. Not that I vistied those vendors much, but I did use those banners to navigate to their sites occasionally.

On each group there used to be an arrow where you could collapse each section that you do not usually visit. Isthat option available?

The one thing I see that's "major" is no banner ads at the top of the page. Did they get moved or are they no longer available. Not that I vistied those vendors much, but I did use those banners to navigate to their sites occasionally.
Those can be added easily enough, I'm a bit undecided about the whole ad thing. All ad contracts have been fulfilled and I haven't billed anyone, so all ads on the home page are currently running for free. Well, except for Track Tac and Jimbo (Faster Motors), they kind of snuck me payments without being billed, so I need to do something kind of special for them before long. :)

A lot of folks are running ad blockers so they don't see them to begin with, and ,in general, people don't click on ads from the forums anyway.
For now, if you click on the Home link (upper left), all ads are intact, along with a list of text links for all of them, which the ad blockers won't block.
Thanks

On each group there used to be an arrow where you could collapse each section that you do not usually visit. Isthat option available?
I've got the code located to make that change in the templates, but, yes, I'm planning on adding that.
Thanks

Just a suggestion you might try and see if it's ok.

The thread/post headings on main pages are blue in color like most of the page. For me it makes it hard to separate out and read thread headings. Maybe you might try making the headings on main pages black the same as words we read in posts? I think it would make it easier on the eye when scanning down looking for an interesting or past thread to read?
I ended up swapping the link color and the mouseover link color, making the link color darker. Is that better?

I hate it why do we have to keep changing things that are already working fine? I am getting older and i'm getting sick of change for the sake of change.

Back