New! Predator 212cc Ghost kart racing engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we all heard from Harbor Freight that the Predator 212cc was going to be replaced by the Predator 224cc and we were speculating that all the Predator 212cc classes at our local kart tracks would utilize the 224cc Predator instead but now that Harbor Freight relased the Predator 212cc specifically for kart racing IDK the price, but it has a mukini carb on it so it looks nice.

Attachments

• IMG_8599.jpg
    IMG_8599.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,053
Found this on Reddit, I can't find a working link to the Harbor Freight's website yet.

What do you suppose this performance racing accessory kit is? Maybe a Harbor Freight stage kit?

Looks like it's gonna cost $300.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 7.54.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 7.54.57 PM.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,983
So we all heard from Harbor Freight that the Predator 212cc was going to be replaced by the Predator 224cc and we were speculating that all the Predator 212cc classes at our local kart tracks would utilize the 224cc Predator instead but now that Harbor Freight relased the Predator 212cc specifically for kart racing IDK the price, but it has a mukini carb on it so it looks nice.
So for reference, I have spoken with harbor freight and they are not discontinuing the 212 any time in the near future.

My dad works for Harbor Freight and he told me they got a 212 Ghost on their truck today. He didn't have any detailed information on it, but they're apparently out there now.

What The Ghost has going for it that will make it popular is the fact you can get in your car and go buy it at one of their stores. Theyre the Dollar General of tool stores.

the dyno cams motor and the tillotson will take off before the ghost especially when dynocams supports a ton of tracks and HF don't
The Briggs Animal and LO206 have had a tremendous following in many parts of the country for decades. The LO206 has successfully leveled the playing field (for those who want to compete on a level platform) and helped capped the rising cost of the "illegal tweek of the month".
Also, Briggs has been a generous and huge supporter of karting as well as other forms of "power sports". See if your local HF will put up prizes and sponsor events at your local tracks.

The Briggs Animal and LO206 have had a tremendous following in many parts of the country for decades. The LO206 has successfully leveled the playing field (for those who want to compete on a level platform) and helped capped the rising cost of the "illegal tweek of the month".
Also, Briggs has been a generous and huge supporter of karting as well as other forms of "power sports". See if your local HF will put up prizes and sponsor events at your local tracks.
please re read my post I say nothing about HF im talking about Dyno Cams. I agree HF does little to nothing for karting except provide an engine. In the southeast please explain what briggs does for karting other than provide an engine? do they put on money races? do they develop and distribute tech tools? seminars? banquets? Test days? I keep hearing about all these things they do for us and yet have never seen a thing. at least HF has a distribution network across the US. briggs cant even get the engines to the dealers. I'd really love to know what they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back