Northeast tracks

jesseblack

Hello guy's. I am relocating to the Massachusetts area this summer. We have a good karting setup now we race in florida. Are there any dirt oval tracks. In that area

how far are you willing to travel? For dirt oval I found turkey trot raceway 126 miles from mass in my database, but I'm only about halfway through uploading the data, so hopefully more might popup for you: http://www.kartpulse.com/directory/

Here's the top results from nearest to farthest, dirt oval tracks only...

Turkey Trot Raceway
Thu at 10:45 PM 0 likes, 0 connections, 0 comments, 1 view
Location: Turkey Trot Raceway, 1322 Mahaffy Road, Fort Edward, NY, 12828, USA - Get Directions
approximately 126.54 miles
Dirt oval gokart, kart racing and karting, Fort Edward, NY

Caroga Creek Raceway
Location: Caroga Creek Raceway, 4200 New York 10, St. Johnsville, NY, 13452, USA - Get Directions
approximately 165.55 miles
Dirt oval gokart, kart racing and karting, St. Johnsville, NY

Oakland Valley Speedway
Location: Oakland Valley Speedway, 305 Okland Valley Road, Cuddebackville, NY, 12729, USA - Get Directions
approximately 177.55 miles
Dirt oval gokart, kart racing and karting, Cuddebackville, NY

You're in the heart of Asphalt country here! Pomfret is a great asphalt track, and it close to you. Rt 106 in Loundonderry NH again asphalt and only run L0206 classes. The track at Claremont speedway (was called twin state changing names this year I think) is southern NH, again asphalt.

For dirt you either want Nutmeg Kart club in Berlin CT or Lebannon Valley in NY it's right off rt 90 not too far over the NY line Farther into NY is Oakland valley

For what it's worth none of these asphalt tracks run flatheads anymore. LV and OV probably do, I'm not sure

I'd say you should come check out Pomfret or Rt 106.

My choices would be Pomfret Ct for Pavement which is a amazing facility and family structure. Of the King of Asphalt series. 5 race series at I believe 3 tracks. Think the website is www.koaseries.com if not Google it and it's there. Going to be the first year for the series and I expect great things. Biggest thing with Pavement your going to find generally the bigger classes are the champ classes in this area with Wka Animal motors and Clone motors being the preferred motor.

Now, if you like dirt and flat karts Turkey Trot Raceway in NY is a awesome facility as well. Majority of the classes there are Flathead and Flat Karts. I believe it's a Burris 33 Tire rule. From my house in Concord NH it's only 3 hours so it's not a killer drive to go racing and they do a few money races throughout the season.

In PA this year I believe I read there is going to be quite a few big money shows with Maxxdaddy being involved.

So there are options. My main choices would be Pomfret for a more Weekly Schedule if that's what your looking for in Pavement. Turkey Trot for a more weekly dirt show. And the Koa series for a Pavement series. And Pa and Ny have some strong Dirt Series.

Just search for the classes your interested in or have equipment for and enjoy. Suggestion is look up their past Kart Counts. No fun racing with just a few other racers. You won't find any Results of anything on the Koa Series because it is new this year but I expect it having strong counts in a few classes.

106 Is in Pembroke NH just outside of Concord not Londonderry. Count there was down this past year but it was their first year. They also introduced the LO206 Motor Program we shall see what this year brings to them.

Can I run my flat kart in pavement without having to do a champ kart? All I have for motors are clone motors. I would like to try the pavement racing.

Clone flat kart your best choice would be Pavement at Pomfret. I've never been to Nutmeg nor do I know what classes they run. They are dirt if that's what your looking for. What is Sprint Racing? Lol kidding. Only Sprint racing I know of is F1 Boston and New Hampshire motor speedway. NHMS I believe has some decent counts for the Sprint Racing. But I have no idea on classes.

You won't be disappointed with Pomfret. Minus the hill. You'll understand the hill very quickly. Lol.

Back