Nose Weight vs Left Side

CJRacing

General question on a newer high cross kart. As you go from a low bite track to a high bite track, you could increase left side to help free the kart up. In what instance, other than being loose or pushing, would someone increase or decrease nose weight? If going from a low bite track to a high bite track, would you increase or decrease nose weight? Or is nose weight generally used to get a good balance on the kart and you would use left and cross to free up the kart?

From low bite Burris 11's to high bite Burris 55's we leave nose weight alone, adjust cross more than any, tweak left some trick is get enough BITE in the tires.

Thanks guys. Is there a good way to know for a junior driver when the nose is correct? Would you generally run as little as you can get away with for maximum forward drive?

Thanks guys. Is there a good way to know for a junior driver when the nose is correct? Would you generally run as little as you can get away with for maximum forward drive?

Nose will show up most at entry as long as it turns in good to start rotation is what your looking for, If to much it will break loose at middle, Yes run as little as needed for good crisp turn effect on entry.

Good Luck !!

Too much nose for me always made the steering heavy, and it would turn in good but plow straight from center out and not want to turn. For a junior on a modern kart 47% is the nose I generally see used. But you never wanna put your lead on anything but the seat

I have to make some new seat sliders for this Prowler. I believe someone cut the length of them off. The seat is not far enough to the rear of the kart I believe. It is more upright than normal. I may lay it down a bit more.

I have to make some new seat sliders for this Prowler. I believe someone cut the length of them off. The seat is not far enough to the rear of the kart I believe. It is more upright than normal. I may lay it down a bit more.
Top of axle to top back of seat measures ?

Best I can measure 11 1/2". U know it is too high and I may lower it a little but I can't do the 9 1/2" in thing. My old neck won't take it. It is just to uncomfortable to me.
Going to try 12 degree rf and 8 degree lf castor. 2014 Prowler. If I move the camber one small notch forward wouldn't that be 12 degrees. And if I move the left camber block half a small notch backwards that will be 8 degrees. I believe the long notch on the right side is 10 degrees and the long notch on the left side is 7 degrees.
On the right side the kart only has one pin on the frame and one hole in the castor block. Two lines on the frame and I use the rear line.

It really hurts your neck when you get going fast and you can't hold your head up cause you sitting too high lol..yeah, the center lines matched up with the center on the caster blocks should be 8 and 12 standard caster

Just called Prowler to make sure about the blocks. You are right about the 8 and 12. I will have them dead on that next go round. He also said a should try a little more toe in . Also had my tie rod placement a little different from what they suggested. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back