Not only Clones being built in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake

General Motors' 112-year-old luxury car division, founded in Detroit and named for the city's founder, is moving its headquarters to New York. Cadillac, which has been steadily losing sales to its German rivals,

Cadillac will become a separate business unit, giving it more freedom to chase global growth. Most product engineering and design will remain in Detroit. Cadillacs will continue to be built at plants in Michigan, Texas, Canada, Mexico and China.

The company is still evaluating which employees go to New York, :cool:

I grew up in the car business, and I make my living in it and I can tell you for years american cars have not been all american. Most of your replacement gm parts (just an example of one cause ford is guilty too) are from Mexico and some of the tools, parts and equipment to build american cars came from China. Just because the headquarters and some plants are located in America doesn't mean it's made in America. If it wasn't for China America wouldn't be, just sayin'.

and some people would stick their heads out for a Briggs-Stratton over a Clone, anyhow lots of Briggs-Stratton parts is made in china .................Sorry about that.......

Years ago my late father bought a 100th anniversary Harley Davidson Ultra Classic top of line bike....when he got the matching Harley helmets we went to put the intercom in and when we pulled back the padding it said "made in China" inside.

we pulled back the padding it said "made in China" ...wear by Americans ...........lol
America life in Chinese hands ...................

And to top all of that, go to your local Scouts house and buy uniforms and all the patches and any thing else you can think of for "BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA"
All made somewhere other than here.

No Kidding; get a Chinese Car see if anything is made in America ? never ------if not made in China its Korea, Taiwan or Japan.....................

and some people would stick their heads out for a Briggs-Stratton over a Clone, anyhow lots of Briggs-Stratton parts is made in china .................Sorry about that.......

It was all I could do to avoid say the same thing, lol.

Great big Kia and Hyundai plants in Alabama. Wish we made it all here in the good ole USA... But what can you do but buy what you can made here.

Great big Kia and Hyundai plants in Alabama. Wish we made it all here in the good ole USA... But what can you do but buy what you can made here.

I work for Hyundai and if you look by those plants you will see that the Korean suppliers for the these cars have moved facility's here to the USA to supply parts for Hyundai.. They are giving jobs to U.S. citizens, but the money the company makes goes back to Korea... Just saying..

At least Briggs had the smarts when the Animal was developed to design and build the engine from scratch ................. not copy someone else's engine and call it their own. Quite a difference wouldn't you say? Briggs has employees in China supervising the production of their parts for QC. Oh, I guess we could have 6 different heads for the Animal if it was like the Clone. I can run my Stocker Animal anywhere in the US that follows WKA rules. Can the Clone drivers do that? I was at Daytona in 2012 ( the car track ) and the Tech guy had at least 3 different heads on display for viewing. Pick one ........... any one.

Car parts and assembly have been made / done in Mexico and Canada for years, nothing new. The Auto companies want to stay in business, they need less overhead ( payroll ), so they outsource. Imagine if you will, the cost of GM's retirement payment to it's past employees. How they sleep at night is beyond me, the UAW has them over the barrel. JMO

Dave E.

Do you want to hold inflation down, then you go to the places that make the stuff at the lowest prices.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

At least Briggs had the smarts when the Animal was developed to design and build the engine from scratch ................. not copy someone else's engine and call it their own. Quite a difference wouldn't you say? Briggs has employees in China supervising the production of their parts for QC. Oh, I guess we could have 6 different heads for the Animal if it was like the Clone. I can run my Stocker Animal anywhere in the US that follows WKA rules. Can the Clone drivers do that? I was at Daytona in 2012 ( the car track ) and the Tech guy had at least 3 different heads on display for viewing. Pick one ........... any one.

Car parts and assembly have been made / done in Mexico and Canada for years, nothing new. The Auto companies want to stay in business, they need less overhead ( payroll ), so they outsource. Imagine if you will, the cost of GM's retirement payment to it's past employees. How they sleep at night is beyond me, the UAW has them over the barrel. JMO

Dave E.
I personally have no problem with Chinese crap, look at the stuff made in America, most of it is crap now too, the good old machinist and and quality is a dying breed, everyone's all about making a dollar now days and that's just the way it is and the way it has to be.

I can't stand the clone haters because the simple reason is they are haters which brings nothing good. I've got awesome clone motors and awesome animal motors, my clones are cheaper to start with and have all the same billet parts in them that my animal has and the clone heads will out flow an animal head any day of any week hands down and that's where your power is. Every animal that is as fast my smaller clones is a bigger animal with a $500+ billet head or a cut up and re welded head and I can still run with them any day. Yeah the block isn't great and neither is the animal, neither was made for racing so clone haters should realize this and get off the bs briggs juice. I'll put it to you this way the animal which is built bigger and has more money in it is my back up motor to a clone and it has nothing to do with the build not being up to par both were built by the same builder. His words verbatim the animal head is a poor design and it's a pig.

Take your Clone ............ change ONLY the valve springs, put in a STOCK aftermarket grind camshaft, rejet for Methanol. Lets us go to Mid Ohio and race. Will your Clone turn 7700rpm on the downhill straight and chug up the hills for 30 minutes? My youngest and oldest sons have both won WKA events there, Animal is one of the biggest classes there, I know what it takes to be competitive at M.O.. Stock cast rod by the way, no billet. :)

Did you see anything I said about the Chinese COPYING the Honda 6.5? I guess not. :mad:

How would you like it if you designed the next-best-mousetrap and the Chinese copy it and make it for 20% the cost you could? Put your hrd work out of business. There have been two mold shops ( out of 2 ) in this Industrial Park go under in the past 12 years. All the work has gone off-shore. THAT is what I am talking about. It's not really about motors, it's about making a living and not surviving on bread and water. You want to work, pay wise, for what they do? You can hate on Briggs all you want, I could care less, BUT who in the US / Canada sponsors races? Has Lifan? How about one of the other Clone mfg, the Factory I am talking about? Nope, maybe a distributor of the Clone. Briggs itself sponsors races and Series', they just got done with the Rock Island GP. Briggs paid part of the persons entry fee in LO206 at the Rock.

Dave E - Grumpy Old Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back