Not only Clones being built in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor head design was the 6.5 Tecumseh. Animal block is not good? Compared to what, or in what way?

It's an industrial pressure washer motor not designed to race, so no it's nothing special and yes my clone will run all day and all year on methanol. I had one that had over 40races on it turning 8500rpms it was stock stroke with a stock bore honda piston($17), 308 cam $100, 1.2 stamped rockers (cheap), billet rod($60) and an old flat head tillotson free, billet flywheel $60 used with stock sized stainless valves in a 14cc head off a 5.5hp clone. Do the math hater, and it would smoke your animal all day like that. The only reason I went through it was cause I just thought it might be a good idea. Btw I'm a body man not an engine builder and I built it myself with a little common sense and a knowledge of tooling and fabricating and some torque specs. We used to race them up and down the street all day then take them to the track and race them so it actually probably had 100 races or more on it, just change the oil and tires and keep going.
I race UAS and own a real racing engine(fi jawa 500cc), so yes the briggs and clone blocks are crap, yea one is a better casting but they're still both not designed to race. If the clone is too cheap for you buy a honda block it's just as good of casting and the head is much better, I've got one that will toast built animals and I'll still have less money involved.

Read mine again. I said STOCK ROD, we don't run the Mod Class. Out of the box with two parts changed and a little massaging.

You completely overlooked the last paragraph in Post #19.

A real race motor has 500 cubic inches and uses Nitromethane. Or, is 160 cubic inches, has 2 cylinders, runs on gas and has two tires.

Up and down the street? Up here, you get tossed in jail for that.

Read mine again. I said STOCK ROD, we don't run the Mod Class. Out of the box with two parts changed and a little massaging.

You completely overlooked the last paragraph in Post #19.

A real race motor has 500 cubic inches and uses Nitromethane. Or, is 160 cubic inches, has 2 cylinders, runs on gas and has two tires.

Up and down the street? Up here, you get tossed in jail for that.

I don't care about your last paragraph (I hear blah blah blah boring) and I don't care for clone or animal, my point is the clone is cheaper and is fine to run for as long as you'd like, I own and own both so I'm on both band wagons not one or the other. I don't run kiddie stock classes anymore, I did that slow crap from age 10-17 then I moved up to a lot more interesting racing. Stock gets very boring to me and btw I've got a 568ci bbc making around 1000hp without nitrous, industrial pressure washer motors are for kids and amateurs that have never raced anything before imop. Around here we can race on the street at our own risk of going to jail and getting our stuff impounded. I'm not a backyard racer I'm a racer, I've race plenty of national karting events, drag cars and a bunch of motorcross which have race designed engines as well. My UAS karts power to weight ratio is equal or better than a nascar and yes a jawa is a race designed engine.

Take your Clone ............ change ONLY the valve springs, put in a STOCK aftermarket grind camshaft, rejet for Methanol. Lets us go to Mid Ohio and race. Will your Clone turn 7700rpm on the downhill straight and chug up the hills for 30 minutes? My youngest and oldest sons have both won WKA events there, Animal is one of the biggest classes there, I know what it takes to be competitive at M.O.. Stock cast rod by the way, no billet. :)

A true comparison, dollar wise, would be to allow the clone $450.00 worth of work, parts etc.; to bring it to the same cost as an Animal.....then go race.

A true comparison, dollar wise, would be to allow the clone $450.00 worth of work, parts etc.; to bring it to the same cost as an Animal.....then go race.

I could put $450 in a clone and out motor an animal all day for years. I did it countless times for years that's the point I'm trying to get across to mr. Briggs and stratton, it would be impossible to spend less on an animal than a clone and get more, anyone that tells you different is a bald face liar or very misinformed.

Lol, my epeen is bigger than yours....

It's just a point to get across that the clone nor the animal is a race designed motor and they're both crap, abr#69 I know you understand because you've got a race designed ktm450 on a kart. Would you say that the animal or clone were good racing engines.

Lol, yes my epeen is bigger!

Thanks man for understanding my point, about two years ago I had this very talk with friends at our track but these guys were "Hard headed" couldn't get true to them.....

They think they're giving back to Americans by paying an extra $300 for $100 worth of better quality and all they're really doing is padding a few Americans pockets to go blow it on more Chinese crap to put in their so called "American" built engines. Just save your $300 dollars and buy a clone and spend the other $300 at arc racing products (which is probably much more american and deffinately better quality) and go faster for just as long as an over priced animal.

My kart shop lol, even better than the big kart shops and it's single cam not dual. Lost cause here folks. Do you know how to use google?

I'm gonna get me one of the hondakawazuki450dualjawasuperturbochargednitrousinjecteddualrotaryelectric powered toothbrushes one of these days. I'll show you what the South African Ingenuity can accomplish. Screw China, South Africa has some top Notch quality on their hand whittled parts that rivals.... no one!

Wait what?

They think they're giving back to Americans by paying an extra $300 for $100 worth of better quality and all they're really doing is padding a few Americans pockets to go blow it on more Chinese crap to put in their so called "American" built engines. Just save your $300 dollars and buy a clone and spend the other $300 at arc racing products (which is probably much more american and deffinately better quality) and go faster for just as long as an over priced animal.
You are so right....go buy the Chinese tires...Maxxis, Bridgestone and more...most of what we is using for Kart racing in made in China .............Even the Flags......
All we racers doing is passing the money true a channel on to the Chinese..............................

I'm gonna get me one of the hondakawazuki450dualjawasuperturbochargednitrousinjecteddualrotaryelectric powered toothbrushes one of these days. I'll show you what the South African Ingenuity can accomplish. Screw China, South Africa has some top Notch quality on their hand whittled parts that rivals.... no one!

Wait what?

Most of South Africa stuff is made in Korea, British Guiana, Brazil, India, China, Japan and other small countries.........Take that from me was there, done that.......

I think my point flew over your head like a 747... Which, oh forget it.

It's a global economy now. Get use to it, but I could do without it.
China has highly skilled craftsman with the skills to produce extremely high tolerance and good quality parts. But, it's like the saying goes. "You want quality, you got to pay for that." They don't care what we do with it , and never will. Just so long as someone pays. The fact they turn out half decent parts with 12 year olds behind the wheel of a CNC that most adult CNC machinist would charge the weight of that Chinese kid in gold to produce, says a lot...

Anyway, I'm not getting in the argument. Just laughing.

ABR #69 ...As for your dumb point and my stupid ideas, even some 747's parts is made in China ............................how about that pal.............................
Could I get a martin built clutch for that ...........lol

Cadillacs made in China are for the Chinese market. China has very strict rules/tariffs in place so the cars need to be made there to be profitable. BMW, Mercedes, and Audi do the same thing.

China hits US Imports with a 12-17% tariff. Chinese imports into our country only see 3.5% on the average. It's a huge part of the problem, the people that should be increasing the tariffs on Chinese goods coming in, are getting their pockets lined and looking the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back