5743 Route 417
Allentown, NY 14707
For directions/track info: www.layfieldrc.com or call 585-593-1177

Race Date: Saturday, May 16th, 2015

Gates Open at 12:00
Drivers Meeting 2:45
Hot Laps at 3:00
Time Trials at 4:00

This series is a Burris 33a tire rule only.

We will have race monitor working for this race!! So get the app!

ENTRY FEES:
Pit Pass - $15
Jr. I (Red Clone) entry - $30.00 for members/$45 non-members
Series class entry - $40.00 for members/$55 non-members
Pro class entry - $50 per class
Transponder fee is $10 (unless you have one)

NYDKS Classes-
**The series classes will run time trials, 1 round of heats
(12 qualify through heats, 4 thru B-mains if needed) and the features.**

JR I -(RED CLONE), (ages 6-10) Sponsored by Troyer Race Cars

JR II -(PURPLE CLONE), (ages 8-12) Sponsored by Performance Mfg.

JR III -(BLUE CLONE), (ages 10-14) Sponsored by Root Racing Enterprises

GOLD PLATE FLATHEAD, (ages 12-15) Sponsored by Frontier Autowrecking

CLONE LITE, (ages 14 and older) Sponsored by Scott Jeffery Performance

CLONE HEAVY, (ages 14 and older) Bicknell Racing Products

CLONE SUPER HEAVY, (Ages 14 and older/Driver 200 lbs w/gear), Sponsored by Atomic Signworks

350lb SENIOR FLATHEAD, (ages 14 and older),Sponsored by JNE Towing

PRO CLASSES
**(The pro classes will run time trials and features only! No heats!)
(12 qualify through time trials, 4 thru B-mains if needed)**

PRO BLUE JR CLONE- $300 to win, 2nd. $175, 3rd $125, 4th $100, 5th $50
Sponsored by Slack Karts

PRO CLONE LITE- $300 to win, 2nd. $175, 3rd $125, 4th $100, 5th $50
Sponsored by Tim Fishel Motorsports

PRO CLONE HEAVY- $500 to win, 2nd.$200, 3rd $150, 4th $100
5th $50
Sponsored by Keister Karting Products

I also would like to thank all our class sponsors this year for all your support!!

Jeffery Machine for the awesome trophies! If you haven't seen them yet. Like us on Facebook New York Dirt Kart Series to see them.

I also would like to thank Kurt Burris of Burris Racing for all the help he has provided. Our series wouldn't be the same without him!
Assets Counsulting Experts & Hurricane Racing Engines for their support this year

*** All JUNIOR CLONES CLASSES WILL BE SMALL PIPE WITH RLV MINI-91 SILENCER & DRUM CLUTCH

ALL ADULT CLONE CLASSES WILL BE BIG PIPE WITH RLV MUFFLER & DRUM CLUTCH.

Clone gas should be bought at APlus- Sunoco Gas station
Address- 1 South Main Street
Wellsvile, NY 14895
(This is where the the fuel will be tested from)

AKRA RULES AS A GUIDELINE ***

NYDKS classes will be 20 lap features(15 min time limit),
Pro classes are 25 laps features(20min time limit)

For more info go to www.NYDKS.com

Lets all have fun this season!!:cool:

Shawn Jeffery

On Friday night May 15th, AMS will be having a regular show, Plus have some NYDKS qualifer's for Saturday's race. What that means is if you win on Friday, you will be guaranteed to start the feature for Saturday's NYDKS series class. *Non-transferable*
Classes for the qualifer's are..
Jr 1 (Red Clone)
Jr II (Purple Clone)
Jr III (Blue Clone)
Clone Heavy

Running Order for Saturday.

I know a lot of drivers that will be running 3 to 4 of the classes. We will give you time!!

Clone Heavy
Jr III (Blue Clone)
Jr I (Red Clone)
Clone Lite
Super Heavy Clone
Gold Flathead
Pro Clone Lite
Jr.II (Purple Clone)
Sr Flathead 350
Pro Blue Clone
Pro Clone Heavy

First of all I'd like to say hi to all the NYDKS racers, staff and fans. It's been a year since the last race here at A.M.S. and I'd like to tell all of you how excited I am to have all of you returning to what you guys and others have called it "The mini Bristal" or the "Bullring" Well your rite it is a tough little racetrack maybe even the toughest on your series schedule? But boy will you have "FUN" if you hav'nt been here before! With the 23 degree banking and the egg shaped configuration you will find it challanging! But thats what racing is all about..rite! I want all of you to know that it's very important to me and to all my staff that you guys enjoy yourself and have a memorable experience! We have made some pretty big improvements from last year with what we call " The Trackside Cafe" A very clean and spacey area where you can sit down and relax while you eat. Also where getting something to eat dosnt take as long as last year! PLUS 2 new bathrooms have been built since last year with 4 four porti potties scatterd around the property. The racetrack is in great shape and can't wait for you guys to set it on FIRE!!! Now I want all of you guys who havnt been here before to understand something..This racetrack has been built with a ton of planning (and trial n error) to get it so "IF" we get rain IT WILL TAKE IT! I hope some of the veterens of A.M.S. will jump on here and verify what I'm telling you! I don't care if we get a thunder bumper and it drops 2 inches of rain..in 20 to 30 mins we'll be back on that racetrack racing again! The whole property including the pitting area is designed to drain and drain FAST! Rite now looking at the weather for Fri. and Sat. night it is calling for high 60's and low 70's with a chance of hit n miss thunderstorms..Trust me when I say we have nothing to worry about as of the weather forcast today. If things change I'll get back on here and let you know. Can't wait to see all my NYDKS friends again and it's an honor to have your great series here at A.M.S. Call me if you have any questions 1 585 593 1177 John Layfield (Owner of A.M.S.)

HAHAHA! John, this cracks me up cuz someone just asked me about this the other day. All I can say is- no one will work harder to make sure to get a race in, rain or shine!
Fellas (and ladies),
A little story for ya and I'll try to make it quick. End of Sept 2013 John hosted a big endure race and open 50 lapper(I think 50, I got dizzy). There was a chance of showers but we all showed up anyway. Well the good Lord and Mother Nature thought they would drown our party. AMS got BUCKETS of rain over about the course of an hour. There was a river through the pits and at least 12-16" of standing water on the infield. As the radar showed, the skies cleared and it was beautiful evening. John didn't call it. He waded into the infield in water just over his knees to check the drain. In fact a couple of us thought we'd go fishing in the infield. ACTUALLY found a cat fish about 5-6" long!!! About 45 min after the rain stopped, the infield was just a little soggy. John ran to the packer truck and went to work. About half hour of running the packer and EVERYONE was like "I ain't goin out there". John came to me and personally asked me if I'd try it. HECK YEAH!! I'm a racer! I'll try anything. I fired up my open (Honda CRF450R, 1st weekend out with it). At first, it was a little sketchy so John packed a little more. I went back out even with him still running the truck. NOW this track CAME TO LIFE! The old racers say "turn left, insert arc, and back on the gas". I will tell ya first hand, I put my 450# kart down into turn one, MASHED the throttle and was wide open BEFORE the apex! AND IT WAS PLANTED!! When you put 55-60 horse to the ground and it hooks up, and you can drive it anywhere you want- THATS A RIDE! John did his due diligence and made a great track. Thanks for a great day John. So fellas, a little rain is a good thing!!! P.S. MY ribs were bruised for a week!!!

HaHaHa I remember that night!!! Your front tires were off the ground from one corner to the next!..By the way what did you do with my catfish?..you fried him up...did'nt you!..Anyway Don't worry bout the rain if we do get any..we gotter covered!

Hey guys anyone selling methanol for flatheads on sat and if so how much private message me here or text me at 585-813-4443 thanks

This overcast will likely make for a nice cool day. As John stated above rain isn't a problem unless it doesn't stop. scattered showers no problem. Between the clay two years ago and the drainage repairs a couple years back the track drains quick. Better than hot and dusty!

Back