Oil coming out of exhaust

Cnt38

I have the 212 predator it’s smoking blue smoke and oil is coming out the end of the header.. any ideas? I bought a new piston and rings but I haven’t messed with it yet

I have the 212 predator it’s smoking blue smoke and oil is coming out the end of the header.. any ideas? I bought a new piston and rings but I haven’t messed with it yet
Was it smoking before you replaced the piston and rings? If so, did you offset and get the ring gaps correctly?

I’ve had 1 do this and it was the intake oil seal. I’ve also had one do this and it was the head gasket. Could be your rings but not always the case.

Your valve guides and/ or seals could be bad as well. Take the head off, strip it and check the valve guide clearance. Easy method is wiggle the valve side to side with the rockers and valve springs removed, there should be very little side to side movement.

Back