Open/Stock Appearing Lines

On yours Mike, but what about on Max's?
Looks like an inlet line coming in where the filter should be located.
There is a barb on top that I can put a small filter in. Could I join the 2 lines coming from valve cover before they go to catch can and then just put 1 line on the catch can and a filter on top?

I might be missing it, but where does it vent to? I see lines coming into the catch can, but lines going out? Breather filter? The engine has to breathe - the catch can simply collects the oil that gets "breathed" out. You can also return your drain to the front of the block to retain more oil in the sump - that's pretty common practice -- You'll see that on the animal photos above yours. MUST run a filter to atmosphere though in my opinion.
Correct as always Brian. you must run a breather from the catch can to atmosphere. Make sure it is large enough to handle the job. Opens vent a lot of air. I have never ever heard anyone complaing that their engine vent was too big. On bigger engines, (Cars) I have used vacuum pumps.

There is a barb on top that I can put a small filter in. Could I join the 2 lines coming from valve cover before they go to catch can and then just put 1 line on the catch can and a filter on top?
The outlet vent (filtered) needs to be bigger than the inlet area, that's my concern. Otherwise it pressurizes the sump and bad things happen.

Ended up running them like this. I think this is best way to do it…I have a filter on it and 2 lines going in and the filter element is bigger than the lines coming in. Any recommendations or does it look like I did it fine.

Attachments

• 1C3445E9-6FD3-440F-8B31-BFDEBFB5ACA2.jpeg
    1C3445E9-6FD3-440F-8B31-BFDEBFB5ACA2.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 42
  • C711C444-F2D7-4059-A5FD-905D330F3DCB.jpeg
    C711C444-F2D7-4059-A5FD-905D330F3DCB.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 38
Spin cycle has a stroker for sale for a great price if anyone is interested. If I didn’t have this I would have bought it in a heartbeat but I don’t have that kindof money yet.

Yep I think an animal would be awesome to have but it is out of my price range right now. But did I run all my catch can liens good that was the original question. Thank yall

Agreed, but Max already had this to start with and it was built with the intention to run stock appearing.
The new Tillotson thick blocks are not bad to work with, but I still prefer my small block open animals.
I know a guy who bored his Tillotson to 3 1/8th of an inch. Most people at my local track in open like the 3 inch bore tillys more than the animals for some reason. We have a few UAS style people every once in a while but all they do is spin out so the little 28hp all billet clones and stuff usually end up putting a half track or more on them

I had a bad fuel pump on there and it wouldn’t pump fuel so I rebuilt it and it still wouldn’t pump so that is why I don’t have a fuel pump on it in the picture.

Brian prolly got one heck of a rash from touching that clone ….. take some Benedryl Brian it will clear up in a week or two 😂
No rash, just a headache. :) With all the aftermarket parts inside, there's not much left stock ChiCom anyhow. (block, crank, & sidecover -- oh yea, cast head and carb too.) Everything was replaced with good ol' "Made in the USA" goodies, or highly modified from their original ChiCom specs.

Back