outlaw kart at thankgiving thunder

My tracks are small. Some of the Ohio tracks are larger but they aren't like NC/SC/GA. I believe they will get them hooked up. If you have great corner speed, the kart doesn't accelerate as hard.

Think of a kart like a computer. It is the hardware. The tires are the software. With crappy programs, the best computer in the world is useless. Same goes with a kart and tires.

These larger engines are knocking the little guy out. Without the little guy, we could have really small kart counts. Most guys can't afford this stuff. Trust me, Wiggins had more than 6 grand in that engine.....LOL. Buying an engine doesn't put it on the kart or make the jackshaft. You guys might work for free but he's not going to. I'd say that was on the high end but that's what it takes. I would guess Stevens' kart cost him a heck of a lot more than that, by the time he had the short stroke engine done and the CF rear bodywork. I can build a wedge for less than $50 but it's no where near what they had. That was/is a hell-of-a piece.

Karting gets more expensive every year. Every single time we change the rules, it gets more expensive. It's long past time to stop changing. If you don't, you're going to have Superkarts when the GP engines were allowed.

Grady

The kart had brand new everything. Tach, body, wheels, 4 disc bulley etc. Alot of time and design took place. The cradle and jackshaft setup was second to none. It is a mechanicle injection engine with a fuel pump that drives off of cam. Belt drive to jackshaft. Many hours went into building this kart as well as money. I feel sure he had the 10k at the minimum in parts. Then alot of time making everything work. Pay for what you get. It was sweet. JMO Steve

I am told that Phantom IS in fact, working on a chassis for Unlimited types.
That was the first, put into competition, to my knowledge.
Obviously it turned out well for Phantom.

No doubt when Wiggins is satisfied with the chassis, they will be for sale.
Line up, cash or money order OK.
No doubt it will be a very inexpensive chassis, once it comes on line.

You can pay much more than 15, 000 for a kart. Try to buy one of the top Superkarts that some have to send engine to Japan everytime they run them.

Who decides what Harril's labor is worth? I think it is safe to say that his labor is the most valuable in the industry, and I haven't seen him filling out applications.

This debate has raged for years with the same outcome. I watched a 131 Sudam outrun a 95hp Jawa to the first turn at the Big O race. Was it a fluke? Not by any means, it was the DRIVER that did that and made it look good, along with a great setup. Ya'll can complain about rules all you want and others will go out and spend whatever the seller asks for a kart setup that just won a race. Week in and week out other power plants will continue to win.

For all the Chicken Littles in the world, take a chill pill, this is not the end of the world. Superkart engines are too big for the class plain and simple. Fuel injection is the next step folks, just like billet rods and flywheels were years ago. The complaints were all over Bob's and the internet when the billet flywheels came out, people saying they would quit racing. Them same people are still around, they just bided their time and found one that was affordable for them. Fuel injection is here to stay along with the current blend of power plants. Its time to step up again, either take the leap or continue on here complaining.

This debate has raged for years with the same outcome. I watched a 131 Sudam outrun a 95hp Jawa to the first turn at the Big O race. Was it a fluke? Not by any means, it was the DRIVER that did that and made it look good, along with a great setup. Ya'll can complain about rules all you want and others will go out and spend whatever the seller asks for a kart setup that just won a race. Week in and week out other power plants will continue to win.

For all the Chicken Littles in the world, take a chill pill, this is not the end of the world. Superkart engines are too big for the class plain and simple. Fuel injection is the next step folks, just like billet rods and flywheels were years ago. The complaints were all over Bob's and the internet when the billet flywheels came out, people saying they would quit racing. Them same people are still around, they just bided their time and found one that was affordable for them. Fuel injection is here to stay along with the current blend of power plants. Its time to step up again, either take the leap or continue on here complaining.

I say fluke! We had a plan races are not won on the first lap and he jumped the start pretty bad it should have been called back but it didn't matter when the flag fell it was a little different. And it was not 95hp JAWA I put the little motor on before Qualifying because of an issue with the big one. but please guys keep buying the 131's it will make it easier for the big engines to stay winning.

15,000..... wow. one of my good friends bought out a 2 car, 4 engine sprint car team for that. And we wonder why kart counts are low...

And we wonder why kart counts are low... and I though it was because of tires , it seems every other track across town requires you to run their Maxxis or Burris or Vegas. tire rules.
I say come back to open tire rules and then see the kart counts back up quickly.

"Innovation" cannot be stopped....according to UAS leadership.

There are always more expensive ways to "innovate" none of which improve the racing.....
each of which reduce participation.

"Innovation" cannot be stopped....according to UAS leadership.

There are always more expensive ways to "innovate" none of which improve the racing.....

None improve the racing but each "innovation" reduces participation? Really PD?

"

only time will tell....and i'm not disagreeing with you. innovation most always comes with a price. if you can't run with them and spend with them then your probably not going to participate with them.

The OLD DOG POUND saying from the fl series started in 2005 IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS,THEN STAY ON THE PORCH

Back