Plans for Next Season?

Tires. My plan is to learn and hopefully retain as much as possible about tires, tire prep, tire duro, tire air pressure, tire stagger and reading / relating track condition and handling to tire preparation and changes. Anything else I need to learn about tires? The good news is I run a Burris 33 only class most of the time.

Tires. My plan is to learn and hopefully retain as much as possible about tires, tire prep, tire duro, tire air pressure, tire stagger and reading / relating track condition and handling to tire preparation and changes. Anything else I need to learn about tires? The good news is I run a Burris 33 only class most of the time.
I am reading through the Burris section from the first page. Alot of good info on there. I would ask your questions specific to the tracks you run because some stuff that's fast at one track could be 180 somewhere else.

This is a tire test for 10" tires that I was looking at yesterday. Got some interesting surface level info on what is actually happening when a tire gets more load/lower pressure.
https://www.millikenresearch.com/TTC_SAE_paper.pdf

Last edited:
That is an in-depth paper. I tried reading it while I waited for a meeting, but will need to sit at my desk and analysis that. You are making me wonder if I am smart enough to understand tires😜. And I think I will read all the Burris tires post. I have got lots of help at the track or from guys that go to the track, I am just hoping to be able to go to other venues and be competitive. And I like to learn. That may be the best part of karting for me, it is not my normal problems and I can enjoy the search for knowlegle and how things work, with no real life consequences when I am wrong. I just try again next week and everyone eats supper anyway.

If your running the 33 only classes at P.C., Selinsgrove or 7 Stars you will learn that there usually is no prep needed for the features during the summer months. We are the #75 kart If you have any questions.

May sell one in Daytona in December. Jigging up another to race my "local" track 500 miles away. I'll consider Mid-Ohio and maybe another interesting location. yep....4 races...maybe 3.

Stuck between stock cars and karts again lol. Want to take my karting more seriously again but after a taste of stock car success it’s hard walking away lol🙈 too many eggs not a big enough basket, we’ll see what happens in the spring lol

Stuck between stock cars and karts again lol. Want to take my karting more seriously again but after a taste of stock car success it’s hard walking away lol🙈 too many eggs not a big enough basket, we’ll see what happens in the spring lol
Might know a guy with sticker 55s sale if you need them.

Back