Please tell me it was a coincidence!!

alvin l nunley

Site Supporter
1st race and number 3 is on the pole! Number 3 leads the 1st lap! Lap 6 and number 3 is in 16th Place?????????????
the biggest race in the world they tell me, and the fix is in, tell me I'm wrong.

It could happen. I'm sure Childress spared nothing in that cars preperation. the fix would be if he wins the race, I'm bettin he's in the fence before its over.

Running for the pole ALL BY YOURSELF is much much different than having some crafty vetereans out there with you and root you out of the way. However......you can't rule anything out these days with ratings being what they are in the media world.

If any of yez had been going to Volusia County dirt speedway for the last 3 yrs. and seen both of the Dillon bros., race with Kenny Wallace and Kenny Schrader plus the best in the class, as I have done, then you'd know that these boys are the real thing, they have been beating the best since I first seen them a few yrs. back.

It could happen. I'm sure Childress spared nothing in that cars preperation. the fix would be if he wins the race, I'm bettin he's in the fence before its over.
I have 'Ocean Front Property' in Airizona For Sale also! Ye-ole southern folks might buy it but they're the same folk that voted for OBAMA....twice!

You called it right lol. He did cause a few wrecks, looked like a beginner in a class full of veterans IMO

I have 'Ocean Front Property' in Airizona For Sale also! Ye-ole southern folks might buy it but they're the same folk that voted for OBAMA....twice!

Hal you should really get to know a lil more about ALL "southern folks" before making stereotypical statements such as that.

A more fitting tribute to Dale Earnhardt would be to retire his number. Not saying anything bad about Dillon, I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with this, but NASCAR has soiled the name of Dale Earnhardt.
The fact that NASCAR thought that this was a fitting tribute, to the man, tells me a lot about NASCAR. I doubt very seriously if Dale Earnhardt would have ever taken a gift like that.
The fact that everybody in the announcing booth fell in line with NASCAR tells me how much they want their job. It remains to be seen how seriously the automotive press will take it. I'm sure that all those that want to keep their job will fall in lockstep with NASCAR's line.
So anyway, now that we know that NASCAR can "cheat", how much trust can we put into the rest of the season. Certainly nobody associated with NASCAR is going to step up.

If they retired the numbers of all the drivers who have lost their lives racing, it'd be like a Bingo Hall going around the track. B6 passes D65 into turn 1.
A number is a number. Dale Earnhardt did not invent the number 3. He invented a marketing persona in motorsports. Oops. John Force probably beat him to that one.

Maybe he invented dirty driving.

Nope, didn't invent that, either. Just famous for it.

Al,

It's pretty clear to me that you don't know what you're talking about when you suggest Austin's pole was a "fix" based on him falling back in the pack early in the race. He got freight-trained by the line of drafting drivers, could/would happen to anyone that didn't block it. That has NOTHING to do with his qualifying run. Rarely does a car qualify well and draft well at Daytona. They also changed the engine, transmission, suspension, air pressure, etc. for the race. It's quite simply a different ballgame. And Nascar never did anything with the 3. The use of the number is up to the car owner and is only approved by Nascar to prevent owners "stealing" a number from another owner or two cars showing up with the same number. RCR used the 3 before Earnhardt and just happened to take a 13-year hiatus from using it in the Cup series until Richard's grandson came along. To suggest a number be retired because of a death is ridiculous. As stated above, there would not be very many two-digit numbers available if that happened.

I think some numbers are actually registered as three digit numbers, but show up as two on race day beings there aren't many instances of duplicates. I may be incorrect, though. The # 83 comes to mind, I think it's actually registered as 183 or something to that effect. Would be funny to see a million+ dollar race car on network TV with a huge duct tape "X" next to the number like a big redneck alphabetical exponent.

NASCAR "cheats"? Can we get some data to back that up?

Some of you people just look for a reason to find a negative in EVERYTHING!! I mean good grief.....if ya don't like what NASCAR does, dont watch it. How much more simple can it be?

NASCAR "cheats"? Can we get some data to back that up?

Some of you people just look for a reason to find a negative in EVERYTHING!! I mean good grief.....if ya don't like what NASCAR does, dont watch it. How much more simple can it be?

Here's one from the 2013 Daytona NasCar race. Does that count?

http://www.usasports360.com/31-nascar-teams-caught-cheating-at-daytona-international-speedway/

and this one -

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ar-cheating-how-it-unfolded.html#.Uw0pN4X0g4g

Back