Please tell me it was a coincidence!!

Hal you should really get to know a lil more about ALL "southern folks" before making stereotypical statements such as that.
If you noticed Bryan....I didn't say 'ALL'...LOL Actually I spent many summers in Florida back-in-the-day....(In the Front of the Bus)! :) jst fun'n anyhow

A more fitting tribute to Dale Earnhardt would be to retire his number. Not saying anything bad about Dillon, I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with this, but NASCAR has soiled the name of Dale Earnhardt.
The fact that NASCAR thought that this was a fitting tribute, to the man, tells me a lot about NASCAR. I doubt very seriously if Dale Earnhardt would have ever taken a gift like that.
The fact that everybody in the announcing booth fell in line with NASCAR tells me how much they want their job. It remains to be seen how seriously the automotive press will take it. I'm sure that all those that want to keep their job will fall in lockstep with NASCAR's line.
So anyway, now that we know that NASCAR can "cheat", how much trust can we put into the rest of the season. Certainly nobody associated with NASCAR is going to step up.
Blame 'Francis'!

NASCAR "cheats"? Can we get some data to back that up?

Some of you people just look for a reason to find a negative in EVERYTHING!! I mean good grief.....if ya don't like what NASCAR does, dont watch it. How much more simple can it be?
NASCAR Does Not 'CHEAT'.....they just 'Fix' things...:)

Some of you people just look for a reason to find a negative in EVERYTHING!! I mean good grief.....if ya don't like what NASCAR does, dont watch it. How much more simple can it be?
"leave them alone, they are doing the best they can", sounds like something they should have said to the colonists when the British started treating them badly.
Heed your own advice the next time you find something in karting you're not happy with. We all know that IKF, AKRA and WKA are above reproach in everything they do. lol

Dale Sr. caused just as many wrecks.....they were just usually on the way to a win. Now that he's dead he seems to have more fans.....when alive, he was equal parts loved and HATED... I loved Dale for his personality, and Jeff Gordon for his driving. But for some reason (youth?) I also liked Kyle Petty, so perhaps I'm not a good measuring stick... (I had to give up on petty after the Peak days when it became obvious he was a rolling chicane.)

"In both cases cited the cheater wasn't NASCAR, it was some of the teams competing in it."

Totally missed it.
lmao

"leave them alone, they are doing the best they can", sounds like something they should have said to the colonists when the British started treating them badly.
Heed your own advice the next time you find something in karting you're not happy with. We all know that IKF, AKRA and WKA are above reproach in everything they do. lol

Ok I guess? I have to admit Al, I fail to see the parallelism between my statement and your response.

If I were to ever start complaining about anything karting related like some of these folks do every week where NASCAR is concerned, I would just leave karting.

I have to admit that I spent lots of time day dreaming or napping in History class. I'd be lying if I told ya the British treated the colonists one way or another. Math and Physics held most of my attention. I wasn't a History buff for sure. Dont hold that against me.

As far as numbers on a car, they pay for there registered number for the year. 83 team had paid for that number because either they like the number or wanted it. If there were more than 100 cars then yes they would use triple digits but there isnt more than a 100 that register for the year so you get whats there. Matter of fact dont believe nascar will register triple digit number anyway unless over 100 entrys which wont happen. Thats why Jr went with 88, if already used he would either have to buy it from the owner or get another available number.

First I love NASCAR racing. I didn't like them talking Dillon up so much. It was almost like no other rookie existed. He wrecked a lot of cars during the race and I didn't hear them say much about it. Just let him race and shut up NASCAR.

It's always a clash when the culture of mass marketing (TV) personality, star of the week is applied to a performance oriented sport, and performance oriented viewers/fans.

The advertising world is made up of cult driven, light weight people who would be "stars" or is it now "super-stars" with "super-duper-stars" waiting on deck.
Visualize a crew of guys building a brick house. Public media wants to see the workmen's faces, know their personal lives, blood type, and who they are sexing with....gender and race being the focus.
THOSE are the people the TV aggrandize.
If you and me, are watching this same house being built, we hone in on those few guys who are getting the most done, well done, in the building process.

Thus lies the clash in cultures.....producers, bringing value in their work, contrasted with percieved "glamor" but with minimal results. This is heart of the clashes concerning Danica. One section of the public is being fed her feminine wiles, while another looks for a successful race car driver. She is about at a medium level in both.

When she gets a little older, some wrinkles and some sagging "stuff" appears on her, public media will drop her...in favor of the next glamor puss, talent level never being a factor.

If you don't like Danica....be patient....she is on the down side of her "looks" career, and right about where her talent takes her, racing wise.
She didn't wreck near as many cars as the new male "young guns" being touted as the next great generation of drivers.
To bad this new "next generation" doesn't realize they are driving race cars, not bulldozers.

Back