Power adders

boomer216

Has anyone heard or know anything about a substance some top teams are coating their air filters in and as it burns through its like a power adder type thing until it burns off??? Also heard there is stuff out there to miss in your gas for clones to make more power and it's getting by the fuel checker.

Im friends with lots of the top guys and no one is using any filter spray for boosting power.
There was several yrs ago something added to the gas for more HP, but not in the tank itself as it would get caught when checked properly, but havent really heard anybody using it for a while. Now im not saying there is no kind of gray area cheating happening, we all know its racing and someone is trying something.

Im friends with lots of the top guys and no one is using any filter spray for boosting power.
There was several yrs ago something added to the gas for more HP, but not in the tank itself as it would get caught when checked properly, but havent really heard anybody using it for a while. Now im not saying there is no kind of gray area cheating happening, we all know its racing and someone is trying something.
From what I hear its not a spray, it's a gel of some sort that evaporates and gets sucked in through the filter. I heard about the gas thubg also, it was 2 different things mixed in the gas to make it check right. Is these for sure, I have no idea, they just rumors I hear around the tracks. I'm sure there is some sort of lines being bent as I hear all types of things these days but as always you never know

From what I hear its not a spray, it's a gel of some sort that evaporates and gets sucked in through the filter. I heard about the gas thubg also, it was 2 different things mixed in the gas to make it check right. Is these for sure, I have no idea, they just rumors I hear around the tracks. I'm sure there is some sort of lines being bent as I hear all types of things these days but as always you never know
Someone is lying to you about the air filter, that was a story from Nascar back in the early 90's
They use to spray air filters with several different things, but it was gone in a lap or so.
There's a reason they spec a gas station and pump # for most races, anything in the tank you're busted.
They use to run hot oil in flatheads, but won't work in a clone.

Sense we talking about Boomer Rumors, don't forget about Mike Clements nitro porting gel. Nitro mixed with low temperature melting wax smeared in the intake port and melts to produce the extra HP that all the winners are using. ya.. ya.. thats the ticket
Is that what was in Micheal Waltrip's intake after qualifying at the Daytona 500 several years back?

Around here, the go to for cheaters is Sterno (the wax that caterers burn under the food to keep the pans warm).

You put some on the inside of the air filter before you go out. The key is to put just enough that it lasts a while, but not enough that it is still there when you come off the track to go through tech.

Pretty easy check for tech, though. Just randomly check a couple air filters on the grid. Put a stop to it locally, from what I can tell.

Someone is lying to you about the air filter, that was a story from Nascar back in the early 90's
They use to spray air filters with several different things, but it was gone in a lap or so.
There's a reason they spec a gas station and pump # for most races, anything in the tank you're busted.
They use to run hot oil in flatheads, but won't work in a clone.

We have tried the hot oil in clones and oil additives but nothing worth anything. The gas thing, sure you can spec a station all ya want, but get it from there mix it up at track put in your tank, hell idk if any truth to it but I have heard about it from multiple people. Just heard it costs so damn much it's not worth it local racing. Hell the nitro gel stuff and sterno deal.seems like what I hear being done. No one around here even looks at air filters. That's if there anyone there to tech at all at out local.track. ways seems a couple guys just getting that extra .1 or 2 from time to time.

We have tried the hot oil in clones and oil additives but nothing worth anything. The gas thing, sure you can spec a station all ya want, but get it from there mix it up at track put in your tank, hell idk if any truth to it but I have heard about it from multiple people. Just heard it costs so damn much it's not worth it local racing. Hell the nitro gel stuff and sterno deal.seems like what I hear being done. No one around here even looks at air filters. That's if there anyone there to tech at all at out local.track. ways seems a couple guys just getting that extra .1 or 2 from time to time.
Put anything in your tank except for the spec'd fuel and it catches it.
Some of it is toxic to breath after being burnt, people don't stop and think about that.
Most guys that appear to be cheating usually have more knowledge about oval kart racing, and rumors get started by guys that can't grasp they need to up their game.
If it is a no tech issue, I can show you where 50 tracks like that use to be.
I wouldn't want to run anywhere they don't tech.

I dont know if it was 2 things mixed or not, but what it was never was in the tank itself, and it was able to get caught or detected. Thats the reason it never was in the tank. You would get 1, maybe 2 laps from it.

Put anything in your tank except for the spec'd fuel and it catches it.
Some of it is toxic to breath after being burnt, people don't stop and think about that.
Most guys that appear to be cheating usually have more knowledge about oval kart racing, and rumors get started by guys that can't grasp they need to up their game.
If it is a no tech issue, I can show you where 50 tracks like that use to be.
I wouldn't want to run anywhere they don't tech.

They try to tech and to get tech men to come UT problem is finding someone qualified enough, that doesn't want an arm and a leg in pay to come do it. I wish was more tech but also glad to have somewhere close to home to race because everywhere else is 2 plus hours for us

They try to tech and to get tech men to come UT problem is finding someone qualified enough, that doesn't want an arm and a leg in pay to come do it. I wish was more tech but also glad to have somewhere close to home to race because everywhere else is 2 plus hours for us
With no tech you won't have a place close for long, trust me.
It turns into a xxxx match and people slowly leave, There has been 4 around me that ended the same way.
I would rather drive 2 hours and know if I lose its because of me and not someone running illegal.
Then there is the new people that get smoked and just claim guys are cheating no matter where they race until they figure out kart racing is still very involved both mentally and physically.
Guys that don't ever touch the kart except on race day, no cleaning, no maintenance.
Guys that run up front and fast are in the shop no less than 3 evenings during the week, and all weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
The "best" way to cheat is to learn how to determine the rules. Here are a few examples. A friend of mine use to work on a Truck series team.
One rule was the fuel cell couldnt exceed some number of gallons, so they rolled 100' of 1" fuel line to carry more capacity.
Another rule was they had to start the race with an air filter. They soaked the filter in acetone so it would be disentigrated and sucked in the motor to be burned and spit out. The rule was ammended to say the race had to be finished with an air filter.
Another team bolted the carby on with stiff springs between the mount bolts and carb. this allowed the carb to vibrate and suck more air.
Bob Glidden hogged out a battery casing and put in a nitrous bottle. the "battery cables" doulbled as nitrous lines.

Back