predator 212 hemi

EricB

just bought this engine for my drift trike so its stock any suggestion on up grades? 300-500 budget. i would want it torquey. not familiar with the whole rebuild. this will be my first build. i would want to take the governor out. so i need to know what parts i need so i wont blow the motor

Billet flywheel, make sure its spacific to the hemi. Billet connecting rod, also spacific to the hemi. Crank and piston will be fine as stock parts. After market carb, .650 will run bout 50.00 bucks, after market intake/filter. That should suit you just fine. Even with those parts it still leaves room in your buget. You could get stiffer valve springs and a cam. All of these are bolt on parts, as far as i know you wont need to modify anything to make them fit.

You will want to upgrade the cam and springs while you've got it open. You can pick up the BSP 2 or Bsp 3 cam for 15-20$. And a decent set of springs for a little less.

Also on the Hemi rocker arms check your clearance as they sometimes touch the valve retainers with cam upgrade. Can be fixed with a little grinding

I've never had or rode a drift trike, but if the goal is more instant power to the ground with a stomp of the pedal, would a torque converter not be money better spent? There's videos on YouTube of yard karts pulling wheelies with a TC....

What kind of cams and springs would you recommend I thought the stock carburetor will work if I put bigger jets what would be the difference if I put a aftermarket

Billet flywheel, make sure its spacific to the hemi. Billet connecting rod, also spacific to the hemi. Crank and piston will be fine as stock parts. After market carb, .650 will run bout 50.00 bucks, after market intake/filter. That should suit you just fine. Even with those parts it still leaves room in your buget. You could get stiffer valve springs and a cam. All of these are bolt on parts, as far as i know you wont need to modify anything to make them fit.
What kind of cams and springs would you recommend I thought the stock carburetor will work if I put bigger jets what would be the difference if I put a aftermarket

What about buying a aftermarket gas tank and a Pulse fuel pump does that do anything (more power)

www.carlsonmotorsports.com
www.tbrwins.com

Either place should have what you need.. ship it right to your door.. 1987KPF hit the nail on the head.. Defiantly get the good fly wheel.. well worth the $100 +/- bucks.. if you ever choose to do anything else with the motor.. it's a must.. I"d recommend a simple shoe clutch.. $70 +/- low maintenance and durable with a 14 gear. My.02

for a drift bike you don't need it.. leave the stock tank on it

What is the difference? Then y do people change them? And I Forgot to mention I don't want to put those plastics that make my tires spin I actually want to burn the rubber that's why I want It torquey

What is the difference? Then y do people change them? And I Forgot to mention I don't want to put those plastics that make my tires spin I actually want to burn the rubber that's why I want It torquey

Ive never used the pumps, from what i understand, i could be wrong. I dont race karts so someone else would be better to answer. But, on the karts the tank is relocated and is about lvl with the motor, the carbs are a gravity feed, so you need the pump to move your fuel. With the trike you will be fine. One thing to add as far as mods, remove your low oil senser, when drifting around the oil moves to one side and kills the engine. I have a hemi pred. It would do that every time i made a hard right turn or a soft right hand slide.

If you go the stock tank route drill a few 1/8" holes or so in the gas cap and let it vent some. That's alot of reason some run pumps and top plates. As well as easier to hook a throttle cable to as well.

Racing karts, the tank is moved for safety.. if you get run over it wont bust the tank off the motor and start a fire..... drift bike you won't have that issue.
if you move the tank?? where would you put it.. as for not using the PVC on the wheels... once the tires get good and hot they won't drift.. they will bite and put you up on one rear tire..

foreverf22607 said:
Racing karts, the tank is moved for safety.. if you get run over it wont bust the tank off the motor and start a fire..... drift bike you won't have that issue.
if you move the tank?? where would you put it.. as for not using the PVC on the wheels... once the tires get good and hot they won't drift.. they will bite and put you up on one rear tire..

Oh okay so does the pulse fuel pump provide more fuel than the gravity stock style

Oh okay so does the pulse fuel pump provide more fuel than the gravity stock style

The carburetor will only take as much fuel as it needs before the float/needle and seat stops fuel flow. On certain modified gas motors and most all alcohol motors, the fuel won't gravity feed fast enough to meet the demand and keep the float bowl full. The fuel pump ensures that the carb has all the fuel it needs. So yes a pump can provide more fuel than gravity feed.(If it's needed?)

The carburetor will only take as much fuel as it needs before the float/needle and seat stops fuel flow. On certain modified gas motors and most all alcohol motors, the fuel won't gravity feed fast enough to meet the demand and keep the float bowl full. The fuel pump ensures that the carb has all the fuel it needs. So yes a pump can provide more fuel than gravity feed.(If it's needed?)

O ok so first I should probably get a cam, springs, flywheel, rod, intake filter, exhaust, and jet the carb before to see if the engine needs more fuel right? Do you know what's a good set up with part number with a budget of 300 to 500? Sorry I don't really know which way to go with all the option they have for each item. I don't know what will work the best with each other

The items you have listed are correct. Flywheel and rod are a must.
From there, the sky is the limit. Or in your case and mine, the budget is the limit.
Contact one these places. Get them on the phone. Tell them what you have, what you are doing, and your budget. They will get you going. Take Care and try not to land on your head. :)

www.smallenginecams.com
www.arcracing.com
www.nrracing.com
As far as the flywheel is there different one with different timing? An after the mods would I have to change the timing?

As far as the flywheel is there different one with different timing? An after the mods would I have to change the timing?

It's hard to beat the ARC flywheel. Make sure you get the correct one for your motor(predator "hemi") because the mating tapers are different for different motors. The ARC has approx. 8deg advance built in using a stock key. It should be fine for your purpose.

Back