Predator 223cc how long with the 212 last

New ones have Ducar stamped all over them and use a clone cam and has clone crank journal size. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses a clone flywheel taper.

If you havenā€™t noticed, the new predator power washers are coming with 223ccā€™s on them. Store manager said he wasnā€™t sure how many 212ā€™s theyā€™d be getting in in the future as he expected they will start selling the 223 alone as the 6.5hp.

I know the ā€œWildcatā€ is already doing this at a budget price.

If harbor no longer sells the 212, will tracks have to allow the 223 in that class? Our current class is 196-212. Iā€™d think of you canā€™t buy a new 212, these predator classes will have to allow them.

Just pondering as folks may be purchasing 212ā€™s to build in the off-season.
Yeah we just made a stock predator 212cc and we haven't even raced it yet, I wonder if they will change the rules and require a 224cc, I mean at least it a bigger displacement

New ones have Ducar stamped all over them and use a clone cam and has clone crank journal size. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses a clone flywheel taper.
Yep, same flywheel as a clone. It still uses that odd ball rod with the slightly larger wrist pin but everything else is clone.

I saw a video comparing a Predator 212 vs 224.
The 212 had a steel cam gear - the 224 was plastic.
The 224 block had some bracing, kinda like a Tillotson, but it was not a Wildcat 223 block and side cover.
The video was showing inside the 224 block and it said DUCAR inside.
Same 70mm x 58 bore x stroke as a Wildcat 223.
Link to the video I watched.

I saw a video comparing a Predator 212 vs 224.
The 212 had a steel cam gear - the 224 was plastic.
The 224 block had some bracing, kinda like a Tillotson, but it was not a Wildcat 223 block and side cover.
The video was showing inside the 224 block and it said DUCAR inside.
Same 70mm x 58 bore x stroke as a Wildcat 223.
Link to the video I watched.
Nice šŸ”„

Looks like the Burris Blue Grey Series is going to the Dyno cams Ducor 212 engine with the dynocam ruleset and no Claimer rule.

https://burrisbluegreyseries.com/2022-hobbystock-class-rules/

The Burris South East Tour is saying predator part numbers and 212 ONLY. (must be getting calls about the 224 block) posted on the Facebook page.

Predator's days are numbered for sure won't even be worth running in the stock appearing class

guess I now have three boat anchors ;)

Back