Predator changes again

A 5.0mm stem has ~18% less cross-sectional area than a 5.5mm stem and thus, 18% less tensile strength.

That said, I don't think the stem diameter would be a problem with name-brand valves. It's anyone's guess with the Chinese parts.

Every marking, spec and picture is the same. Even the sticker on the blower cover is identical in every way. the only way to tell without removing the valve cover is the casting number on the head. this one says RTC-6.
Bennie, RTC6 stands for (REAL TRICKY CLONE) Generation 6!!! lol

question.....does anyone make a stainless 5mm valve? i'm looking at reliability here. would it make a difference using the stock valves with say 26 pound springs? i like the split retainers, never reallty liked the slide on style. what's the stock cc on this head and what do you think you can mill it to? i have the hemi head and looking and waiting on the final verdict on it, but th3 69730 head seems like it's going to be better for the purposes that we would use it for!

screamer...your package will be in the mail this week...had a ton of christmas hunny-do's this past weekend....

question.....does anyone make a stainless 5mm valve? i'm looking at reliability here. would it make a difference using the stock valves with say 26 pound springs? i like the split retainers, never reallty liked the slide on style. what's the stock cc on this head and what do you think you can mill it to? i have the hemi head and looking and waiting on the final verdict on it, but th3 69730 head seems like it's going to be better for the purposes that we would use it for!

screamer...your package will be in the mail this week...had a ton of christmas hunny-do's this past weekend....
Thx mike...perfect timing, the rod is due also. Maybe Santa will bring you some titianium valves for being 'Good'!

Had not paid any attention to the stock carb till now. It has a throttle return spring on the throttle shaft. Pretty cool.

Valve stem reamer

Hey Mikey56, Look back on first page, JPR57 posted they have valve guide reamers available so the stainless valves on they'er shelf will work.

Anyone have any luck with torque plates for this one? I called the sunnen guys and they say you cant get cross-pull on the block if you don't have some sort of british-standard honing rods.

What the H does that mean?

Hey Mikey56, Look back on first page, JPR57 posted they have valve guide reamers available so the stainless valves on they'er shelf will work.

Correct we do have 5.5mm piloted reamers. Therefore ANY Stainless valve made for a Honda/Clone will work as long as the current valves in this model Predator are the same length as the current Honda/Clone valves.

Hi Beenie. Do you all ever dyno test motors you don't build for customers? I've got a clone that I need a carb for and would also like to have it dyno. I'd love to stop in next week if you can do it. Thx

Back