Prep that will add bite but not change duro

Black Sand or Tuff Tire Mint (has black sand in it) ttm will also keep duro from dropping a lot with preps that do soften.

The Mint is an amazing product, just be absolutely sure the tires won't need a big drop in Duro after using it even one time. It will be significantly harder to drop them more than one point after using even one coat of mint.

But, the mint does add bite and as racefan said it works well for using a more aggressive prep and not get a duro drop that you'd normally get from the more aggressive prep. Allowing you to add more bite than just black sand and adjust a little for weather or track conditions without risking dropping the duro beyond what you'd normally want for that set.

Anything that is applied to a rubber tire will change the duro some...because it opens the pours up on a tire....there for makes it softer...some preps do this faster than others...strait accrysol will even soften a few points...wd40 will soften 4-5 points...and those aren't even considered preps....JMO

Ive used most of these listed..im just thinking outside the normal for me..im looking for something very aggressive but with minimal drop..I understand any chremical may drop the duro..ive seen alot of people trying the purple andy murray..

Ive used most of these listed..im just thinking outside the normal for me..im looking for something very aggressive but with minimal drop..I understand any chremical may drop the duro..ive seen alot of people trying the purple andy murray..

Murray purple is good on a track with no bite but it will drop the duro quick if you are not careful. I used it often when I lived in Sumter there's a couple tracks around there it will work good at if the conditions are right.

Anything that is applied to a rubber tire will change the duro some...because it opens the pours up on a tire....there for makes it softer...some preps do this faster than others...strait accrysol will even soften a few points...wd40 will soften 4-5 points...and those aren't even considered preps....JMO

I can prep all day and not change duro, you just have to know what to use and how to use it properly. I know plenty others on here can do the same. Can also prep all week long and not see a 3 point drop in duro. The process you use makes a big difference

Conditioners will usually add bite when you establish them as a base prep. Most conditioners will only soften with heat. You can also use very aggressive softeners such as goat pee to add surface bite but keep it to a bare minimum as it will affect duro.

SoCo Purple will not change the duro but will add bite to the tire. There is others also that will not drop duro when applied to rubber.

Once you use Tuff Tire Mint you can use any prep without a big duro drop. You will be be able to use as aggressive of a prep as you want.

We use pro bite in our neck of the woods and it works good similar to blacksand with less cure time.

I would just like to add that there is nothing similar between these 2 products. If you were to cut Black Sand back to about 15% they would make about the same amount of bite.

I am going to ask to get the bite you need from HL2 it is going to be more of a rolled process than wiping? Typically in lower bite situations (GOAT tracks) can you get adequate bite by rolling hl2, not had success wiping hl2 for low bite?

Wiping hl2 is for hard track situations. Rolling hl2 will give the tire a deeper softness. Of course it will harden up a bit in a few days but it puts bite in and softens when rolled. About 38 to 40 duro on scuffed pink maxxis is about farthest i have gotten in hl2. If you need something softer than that need to switch to something more aggressive. Now once the tire is soft and raced you can roll in hl2 to maintain that tire around that durometer.

Back