Prep

JIM D

Tire preps boooooo ! I know they say there here to stay as if theres not enough to do ! In this karting stuff ! What a waste of time for what little speed you get ! Yes i know you will bet us if we dont use it ! Just think if you did not use it ya i know you wont quit cus your sold on it ! I feel better now done *****in ! Lol !

I sell prep and I wish it would all go away!
Problem is, there's not a good (full proof and affordable) way to detect it's use.

It would be nice if we were all on un-prepped tires, but until a no-prep rule is actually enforceable, why bother going to the track only to get beat by it. If you, personally, are not finding speed in it, maybe you're on the wrong prep, or using it incorrectly. There IS speed in prepping tires, if there were not, then there wouldn't be 100s of dealers, dozens of brands, and 1000s of racers using it!

I understand your frustration with prep and the time involved. Unfortunately, it's just part of the game right now. For what it's worth, we've got a backyard track less than 10 minutes from the shop that their racers have committed to not prepping tires out of respect for the track owner's property and simply not a desire to work on tires - these guys just race to have fun. They all recognize that they could be faster on prepped tires, just that they don't need to be on it if the rest of their gang is not going to use prep. The guys probably have less than $1000 in each of their karts (brand new LO206 on older karts.) I guarantee you they get more laps and have more "fun" than all of us "professional" kart racers. :)

Kart racing isn't for everyone. Prep isn't for everyone.
When we go to the race track, we go to win. If that means prepping tires, then by all means, we'll prep away.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

I am aware of all the facts but looks like more people talk about prepping than they do about set ups and what makes the kart work thats what is sad !! With all the dif. Kinds of prep who could really say whos is best ha ha ha ! Now theres a good question if it were gone that would be the best which would help people realy know what they have learned over there time at the tracks enough said prep if just another thing that does keep people from staying in it or getting into it !

I guess someone still hasn't figured out the tire prep game and is tired of getting beat every week? Lol either get on it and learn it, or deal with running in the back, its really that simple Mr. Jim ��

As with some people some just dont get my points no matter how simple or what prep anyone uses its just a waste of time for what little anyone gets out of it have talked to alot of people who have raced forever that have said we wish it was not here if only there was a way to detect it so know one could use it which would be goooood ! Not wanting to argue with anyone just would like to see it goneee ! Lol !

As with some people some just dont get my points no matter how simple or what prep anyone uses its just a waste of time for what little anyone gets out of it have talked to alot of people who have raced forever that have said we wish it was not here if only there was a way to detect it so know one could use it which would be goooood ! Not wanting to argue with anyone just would like to see it goneee ! Lol !

Invent a tire that goes just as fast as a prepped tire and then maybe you will get people to stop prepping. Until then it will be here to stay

Then someone will find something to do to that tire to make it even faster! Wether chemical or physical.
Because after all, everyone wants to go faster!

I wish I could put all the money I spend on prep and tires into a motor so my son doesn't have to run a sissy clone lol

If its a waste of time then I guess you are out running them. An unprepped tire wont make the show on the East coast. Like Brandon said if they can come up with a tire like that then we wont need it. They thought the EL would be that way but figured a way around it too.

As with any kinds of remarks theres always different answers real funny sometimes ! Lol ! If people would just read what alot of others are saying and then try to understand it most could see that many people do agree that we raced b 4 with out it and wish it were gone now thats about as simple as it gets ! Its a waste of time ! And money !

As with any kinds of remarks theres always different answers real funny sometimes ! Lol ! If people would just read what alot of others are saying and then try to understand it most could see that many people do agree that we raced b 4 with out it and wish it were gone now thats about as simple as it gets ! Its a waste of time ! And money !
You might of raced without it, but I bet money others used it, but it was done in secret

It isn't going anywhere, so either take the time to learn it or find something else to fuss about. Prep is here to stay, your argument has no point. What people did 20 years ago to be fast has no effect on what people do today to be fast. Time changes, technology changes, chassis have improved, tires have improved, ect..

I can honestley tell you as will many others that have been in this for a length of time that prepping has been happining for many years. I know that 20 years ago we were prepping tires then for every big race and WKA dirt race and then once we caught on we used it local racing. Back then we junked a lot of tires learning as most everything was "homebrews". Trust me when I say a good prep program is a lot easier today then it was 20 years ago. It is something that if they could take away everyone would find the next thing to do to get faster. Just the evolution of racing or pretty much life in general.
JMO

If prep gets banned to make racing cheaper, it will actually get worse. The guy on brand new tires will be beating you every weekend then. Prep is just another tool, like chassis setup. The ones that run up front now, will run up front without prep.

Now theres a crazy statement [the ones that run up front now will run up front with out prep ] i have been around long enough to see the bigger dogs [1990s ] are still the bigg dogs so what does that say to you ??? Oh yea they are useing some sort of prep and they sopposeabbly did not before uhm ! This is one main reason whyyyy we just dont need it in the sport of kart raceing it is not a tool its just a bunch of wasted time and money that could be better spent and the big dogs dont even care cus theres is more than likely paid for in this past year we have had some good fun and some crazy raceing nights and i think i can see why theres a shortage on the kart counts [yea i know this world has gone a little backwards] but more than not some people will believe just about anything lol ! Wish i had the big bucks to have a place to race that would be all stock and let your set up and driveing skills win the race that would be alot more fun and enjoyable ! Ha ha your turn to ***** !

New tires scuffed in race day will be faster than 10 race tires that you can't prep. Your 10 race old tires will lose the natural oils and not bite as well, and $ will still beat you. Getting rid of prep to make racing cheaper will actually make it cost more.

They should just make you buy tires at the big event and not allow prepping or cutting at the event. then it would be interesting to see a race of equals.

Back