prob shouldnt be sharing

subbietjw

So I've been doing some head work focusing on the high side of the port... Got a new one I'm working on now that is different then what is normally seen in clone heads... Let's see if I can explain this? You guys know when you look in the pocket and there's the big flat spot where the valve guide comes threw.... I've changed that area to follow the top of the port and curve into the back wall... Kinda looking forward to see how it runs an how it affects power?

You gotta show us some pics , I think I know where your talking . Also the floor of the port needs work . Where it drops into the valve , that sharp edge needs to be rounded off . I take out material there and actually get into the seat area .

I'm working on it... Lol I got the rough high side done last night... Maybe mid next week I'll start cleaning up the valve seat? And see what happens from there I kinda want to wait tell I finish it before iI post pics the head is in rough shape... Its a used one I got that looks like it was started then left n the dirt to rust

Here's some pics of a 18 cc Honda head I just finished last week .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 185
See where ur valve guide is is gone... Its a slope that follows the top of the port.. There's flat spot there now

Generally lifting or removing material in that area is detrimental, that area would typically be filled and lowered.

If I you added meat it would bring the top of the port closer to the valve... I went away from the valve to match that angle... Making the pocket a bit bigger but really opened the neck x fold...

You have seen 1 the other is toast I did most of the work n the went to set the valve in the seat an realized the head was toast... Should have looked befor doing all the work... I can show u a pic of it if ud like..

Back