Public hanging

I am in favor of applying the death penalty, no matter how its applied but at the back of my mind is the fact that guilty people with the means to get the best attorneys can find a way out while a poor person is saddled with a public defender who is just working for a pay check.

I am in favor of applying the death penalty, no matter how its applied but at the back of my mind is the fact that guilty people with the means to get the best attorneys can find a way out while a poor person is saddled with a public defender who is just working for a pay check.
Again, follow the money.

Little story about someone you may think deserved the rope. Mid 00's working out of town in Toledo. I know now that I was in "the wrong part of town" just looking for a hole in the wall bar to have a drink after work.

"Met" a guy who had a Saturday night special and "politely" asked me for a few bucks. I was startled and scared and after a few seconds said no turned around and started to walk away. He politely reminded me he had a gun and inquired as to where I was going.

I said, and I quote "going for a beer. You thirsty?" (About crapped my pants and no idea how I stayed calm but figured I was dead anyway) few seconds later the guy caught up to me and told me I am crazy. Told him the beer tastes better that way and I got us both drunk that night. 2 days later next him at carpenters hall and got them to accept him.

He is now married with 3 kids (one to a prior baby mamma he got custody of) and last year was made superintendent for the company he works for.

He told me his past and yea I believe he ranks high on the remove from society list for his life prior to our meeting. Millions break the cycle but millions more never meet that crazy guy in an alley and are told by the lucky percentage that never walked in their shoes "just change your outcome.

21 years, cool. Do you have parents, did they have jobs, and the list goes on. Hell are you white? I know white privilege does not exist. We all do it all on our own and skin doesn't matter. That fact is not left wing it is simply fact. I did not see it when I was 20 or even 30. As I got older and still chose to live in that world because I like my neighborhood warts and all did I see that there are benefits of being white in America. Do I abuse it? Hell yea I do. You are a fool if you don't. Have I found ways to use it to help non whites yea.

Little story about someone you may think deserved the rope. Mid 00's working out of town in Toledo. I know now that I was in "the wrong part of town" just looking for a hole in the wall bar to have a drink after work.

"Met" a guy who had a Saturday night special and "politely" asked me for a few bucks. I was startled and scared and after a few seconds said no turned around and started to walk away. He politely reminded me he had a gun and inquired as to where I was going.

I said, and I quote "going for a beer. You thirsty?" (About crapped my pants and no idea how I stayed calm but figured I was dead anyway) few seconds later the guy caught up to me and told me I am crazy. Told him the beer tastes better that way and I got us both drunk that night. 2 days later next him at carpenters hall and got them to accept him.

He is now married with 3 kids (one to a prior baby mamma he got custody of) and last year was made superintendent for the company he works for.

He told me his past and yea I believe he ranks high on the remove from society list for his life prior to our meeting. Millions break the cycle but millions more never meet that crazy guy in an alley and are told by the lucky percentage that never walked in their shoes "just change your outcome.

21 years, cool. Do you have parents, did they have jobs, and the list goes on. Hell are you white? I know white privilege does not exist. We all do it all on our own and skin doesn't matter. That fact is not left wing it is simply fact. I did not see it when I was 20 or even 30. As I got older and still chose to live in that world because I like my neighborhood warts and all did I see that there are benefits of being white in America. Do I abuse it? Hell yea I do. You are a fool if you don't. Have I found ways to use it to help non whites yea.
Father died in Vietnam, mother got on drugs, and married another loser who abused me
I was on my own since 16
I still have not murdered anyone.

I work inside a correctional facility. The problem with punishment as a deterrent is that criminals rarely, if ever think about the consequences prior to committing a crime. They are impulsive and typically have underdeveloped frontal lobes. When asked about consequences of a crime, they typically believe they will not get caught (even though they almost always do because they are stupid).

Grew up in or lives in? You are right many, many, many people do. I asked earlier with no answer what would define a hangable offence.

Seems to you murder sticks out and though yes Detroit is a hotbed for that particular crime murder happens and is committed by many people across the geo economic spectrum. Should we hang the housewife from upstate VA that shot and killed her husband after being the victim of 12 years of almost daily beatings and was afraid to leave because she believed him and his buddies would track her down?

There are several such women behind bars across the country.

How about the people every month released after serving 3, 13, or even 30 years because at trial there was no doubt they were guilty then people look into it and. ..damn I'm sorry we stole your life for nothing?

But this is just one crime. I will ask again what crimes are hangable?
Usually, when someone is wrongly convicted the reason is prosecutor misconduct such as withholding pertinent evidence. There seems to be no punishment when that happens. I think the prosecutor should languish in jail for as many years as the innocent person they put there.

I think China did public hangings of drug dealers, did it do any good over there? I guess when they take over there's gonna' be some changes made in NJ LOL.

True . On top of that they waist your tax dollars between trial, law enforcement protection and time in the system .
Nowadays with dna its highly unlikely they convict the wrong person . Possible yes , just not like back in the 60's- 70's or earlier. Where it was he said she said ..

Nowadays with dna its highly unlikely they convict the wrong person . Possible yes , just not like back in the 60's- 70's or earlier. Where it was he said she said ..
As a whole we are the smartest people that ever walked the planet and our methods are foolproof.

In the 1970's those people were the smartest people that ever walked the planet at that time and their methods were foolproof.

In the 1680's those people were the smartest people that ever walked the planet and their methods and thoughts were perfect.

To them. I believe in DNA and all the other stuff on forensic files and believe the current technology is near foolproof. At the same time it's not perfect and there are cases over the past decade where the real perpetrator was finally convicted but they planted the foolproof evidence to frame another. Are you willing to bet YOUR life that they always figure out that DNA evidence, or other foolproof evidence was not planted?

The future may look at our foolproof methods the same way we look on Hovers red scare FBI (they were wrong more than they were right btw)

We could return to the Biblical system of 2 witnesses or doesn't count, and death penalty for false witnesses... Get rid of lawyers altogether and trim down the law books -- there's thousands of stupid right-infringing laws. Make illicit drugs legal with consequences for affecting others like alcohol has. Get rid of private jails. Get rid of welfare and make it workfare instead. Remove tax shelter for churches unless they prove they're helping the community -- no more social club cultural Christianity. There's hundreds of ways to make the system better, but most want to be "left alone to do their own thing." ie. remain selfish. We don't care until it's us or our friends affected. So we need to make more friends.

Back