Push rods

Lil Long Son

I would think so too....

Who has cut to fit push rods for this application?
Would it be advantageous to use a GX160 lifter and an even longer pushrod if required ( with a milder cam of course )
Seems to me I recall a briggs lifter could also be used but it is longer than the 200 ( not sure who said it or how it worked ).

5.175 will do the trick and yes a 160 could be used too.Lot has to do with lift of cam and how much off the head was taken.
if still running a stock lift cam you could take .080 off and still be fine with stock length push rods but would not be the case
if now going with more lift.

Which is why he should check before he fires it up!
Now a Mod2 cam with a 1.3 rocker on intake comes to a .294 lift, not too far off a 307...

The head is at kart shop right now getting this done, why will the 55s not work they are enlarging spring pocket to accomadate? I will post pic when I get it back might be awhile

I would think so too....

Who has cut to fit push rods for this application?
Would it be advantageous to use a GX160 lifter and an even longer pushrod if required ( with a milder cam of course )
Seems to me I recall a briggs lifter could also be used but it is longer than the 200 ( not sure who said it or how it worked ).
Many parts dealers have cut to fit pushrods for sale.
I like the longer lifters, shorter pushrods. Less pushrod flex.

55 lb springs is just fine won't hurt anything. I've been running 55's in my motors with 308 and stamped 1.2 rockers for years now with absolutely no problems, I keep the springs fresh too change about every 6 races and turn it 8200-8400 rpms. I've never run single springs in any of my motors, I'm running 60lb springs in my motor now with a 315 with arc 1.2's.

I guess that I've been thinking about this all wrong, I've been running the GX160 shorter lifters and cut to fit moly push rods from NR Racing,... thinking I was running components with less weight. jmo

55 lb springs is just fine won't hurt anything. I've been running 55's in my motors with 308 and stamped 1.2 rockers for years now with absolutely no problems, I keep the springs fresh too change about every 6 races and turn it 8200-8400 rpms. I've never run single springs in any of my motors, I'm running 60lb springs in my motor now with a 315 with arc 1.2's.

You have 55lb on a hemi head?

You have 55lb on a hemi head?

No haven't got into hemi yet, I didn't know you couldn't make them fit before I said that sorry, but if you could put them in there I cant see why it would hurt anything anymore than a 6.5. I know on a 6.5 I've never had any problems with them.

No haven't got into hemi yet, I didn't know you couldn't make them fit before I said that sorry, but if you could put them in there I cant see why it would hurt anything anymore than a 6.5. I know on a 6.5 I've never had any problems with them.

I wasn't trying to be mean, I hope it didn't sound that way. The problem I see, is the way I port (raise the intake port), it get's real thin at the spring pocket (the angle of the valve makes it that way).

I wasn't taking it that way youngengines I was being sincere not upset at all, I really have not peeked into a hemi much still playing with the 6.5 and haven't had the need to get into the predators.

I wasn't taking it that way youngengines I was being sincere not upset at all, I really have not peeked into a hemi much still playing with the 6.5 and haven't had the need to get into the predators.

Cool, just making sure. I like the Predators, as well as 196cc's too.

I guess that I've been thinking about this all wrong, I've been running the GX160 shorter lifters and cut to fit moly push rods from NR Racing,... thinking I was running components with less weight. jmo
If it works for you do it. I won't say you are wrong. I'm just saying what I have found out through many years of testing by the major cam companys. Lighter weight makes a big difference on the valve side of the rocker but very little on the pushrod side. Also larger pounds of spring and rates make the longer pushrods flex more.

Back