qualifying tires verses race tires

truckrace27

Is there any thing u do different to qualifying tires that u would run two laps verses the race.I use pink magic prep.My race tires punch about 55.Thanks for any help

I'm interested in this myself. Probably anything you can do to make the tire fire fast, instead of taking several laps since you only have 3 laps to qualify.

If you have a different set that you know your going to race on then you can take your Q set and fire them with something pretty strong right before you get in the grid... Don't let it soak in but helps fire the tire pretty quick.

A set of tires that duro around 40 and are around 30/40 ths thick would be the best way to qualify....usually when tires are this thin they require more prep...so as said above go with goat/hot lap or something with about same aggression as track side wipe....JMO

A set of tires that duro around 40 and are around 30/40 ths thick would be the best way to qualify....usually when tires are this thin they require more prep...so as said above go with goat/hot lap or something with about same aggression as track side wipe....JMO

I hope you know what tires he's running.

Since you are using pink magic ill try and help. Different tracks need different tire setups. If you are using a tire punching 55 I'm guessing you are using a 50 to 75cc tire. Typically a track requiring a tire this hard will not need gold. Without knowing which track general rule would be to air them up .5 to 1 lb, run a deeper internally rolled tire, or a tire that is worked and wiped more.

Thanks Benji, what if I need to add bite at the track cause it becomes sandy and no bite in racetrack. How do I do it quickly if needs to be.Don't have a ten sets to choose from.Ran into this past weekend. Thanks

goatpee is not a conditioner,goatpee dries the tire out,there are far more better preps that will do the job that gp will not do

I was not talking about goat pee as a conditioner, i was talking about goat pee as a qualifying prep only, and using a good base prep as a conditioner thru the week, such as track tac mint, liquid speed LS2, or your favorite conditioner. I use alot of LS1 and LS2 for conditioning, depending on what track i am going to. But unlike Bigcat, i would choose thicker cut tires to qualify on, unless the track was good enough for thin tires. Everything in this thread is basically a guess considering the guy has not said what kind of tires he is using or what track he runs.

Thanks Benji, what if I need to add bite at the track cause it becomes sandy and no bite in racetrack. How do I do it quickly if needs to be.Don't have a ten sets to choose from.Ran into this past weekend. Thanks

Sandy with no bite. I would think a pan rolled tire or a deep rolled tire that you dont wipe. Generally if you dont have what you need on a track like this you cant fix it at the track IMO.

Back