Questionable perception...(ie; cylinder heads)

sCREamnClones

This senerio pertains too Non-AKRA and/or 'other' rules and is Stock-Appearing oriented. The 'rule' states...'Stock 'Clone' Castings Only"....."NO Modifications Allowed, except Re-surfacing"...(end)
The purpose of this Rule is an attempt in keeping the 'cost' down and align with the DIY's that don't have access too 3/5 axis CNC's. That stated...we are challenged with the statement that a 'No Porting' rule would/could cost 'more'....rather than 'less' than allowing porting(?) Input requested

Cherry parts picking and stealth machining, so no porting is detected. Cheaper for the average guy to just let him hog it out till he's content.

Cherry parts picking and stealth machining, so no porting is detected. Cheaper for the average guy to just let him hog it out till he's content.
The only way to shine light into the grey area. WKA found that out the hard way with the flatheads.

Whether it's done right or not it gives the DIY guy that warm fuzzy feeling. After Cleatus does one head he is a veteran and starts giving advice.

I found a 1979 WKA rule book recently. Was looking at it yesterday! Wow you guy's are right where they were in the late 70's and early 80's. Same arguments and all! Only almost 50 years later!
My opinion is it's a matter of time before it goes that way! It has to for parity! Oh we don't want to be fair or equal. We want our advantage! Same sh$t 50 years later! Look what happened almost 50 years ago to the flathead Briggs.

Yes Willy, It is a never ending quest for more and more and.......... Found that out years ago racing stock cars. Jerry

Just so everybody understands the springs are next! Than the rod because we're turning to many RPM even for stock forged! Let's see, Now have good flowing ported heads. Need more spring for the RPM's, which will demand another cam combination(higher RPM's). Oh Got to have a good rod. Popping to many stock motors! HA!
Let's see how it goes!
JMO

Just so everybody understands the springs are next! Than the rod because we're turning to many RPM even for stock forged! Let's see, Now have good flowing ported heads. Need more spring for the RPM's, which will demand another cam combination(higher RPM's). Oh Got to have a good rod. Popping to many stock motors! HA!
Let's see how it goes!
JMO
Just another reason why the LO206 class will become more popular as time goes on. Don't get me wrong. I like the clone class just not the constant maintenance to keep them running all season. The good thing is it keeps the engine builders busy. You guys are helping the economy.

"the LO206 class will become more popular as time goes on"...while this statement may be somewhat true as time goes on, if they become main stream as the clone is...then you will find people opening them up. no, i'm not going to get into "they are sealed" because you will never convince me that people won't try and find a way to bypass the seals. and then where are we? right back to square one arguing over the merits of having a box stock class to keep the rising costs under control. the lo206 "may" sound like a good deal and seems to fit the bill, but I don't think so.

"the LO206 class will become more popular as time goes on"...while this statement may be somewhat true as time goes on, if they become main stream as the clone is...then you will find people opening them up. no, i'm not going to get into "they are sealed" because you will never convince me that people won't try and find a way to bypass the seals. and then where are we? right back to square one arguing over the merits of having a box stock class to keep the rising costs under control. the lo206 "may" sound like a good deal and seems to fit the bill, but I don't think so.

what size bolt was that??? 1/2".... =) ya I got that... sorry it was there I had to give you guys a hard time

I found a 1979 WKA rule book recently. Was looking at it yesterday! Wow you guy's are right where they were in the late 70's and early 80's. Same arguments and all! Only almost 50 years later!
My opinion is it's a matter of time before it goes that way! It has to for parity! Oh we don't want to be fair or equal. We want our advantage! Same sh$t 50 years later! Look what happened almost 50 years ago to the flathead Briggs.
just to be clear 50 years ago is 1964:)

IMO, this is exactly what will happen, the LO206 bandwagon doesnt realize that it does not matter what engine we use, once the majority of racers start using that engine, there are bound to be people who find a way into that engine to get any and every advantage they can possibly find. To actually believe that your gonna hand a bunch of racers an engine, sealed or not sealed, and expect them to just bolt it on their kart and race without ever popping off the sidecover or changing things to find an advantage, is absolutely ridiculous. The ones who keep saying it wont happen, have obviously not seen what happens when you throw an engine into the hands of racers who are racing for a good amount of money. Anyone who believes the LO206 would remain stock as it is now, but while being used as the engine of choice for say a $10,000 to win race, obviously does not know how far racers will go to get that money lol. Ill admit, im just as guilty as the next guy for trying to find every advantage i can when there is money on the line, while still staying within the limits and rules of that class, anyone who doesnt do this is just throwing themselves to the wolves IMO.

Just to be clear I did say "almost 50 years later!" not once but twice. 1964 was exactly the year I started racing karts. Seems but just a few short years ago! But the more time changes the more many things stay the same! Hmmm!

" im just as guilty as the next guy for trying to find every advantage i can when there is money on the line, while still staying within the limits and rules of that class"

Weddle, If exactly what happens is people breaking the seal to get inside the motor they are no longer staying with in the limits and rules of that class and will be DQ'ed of their $10,000.00 fake win. Just getting inside the motor doesn't not change the rules it already has that cover most any change someone could do to try and take advantage of by cheating of the rules.
Heck, If I were in charge of tech in a 10,000 to win LO206 class the winners seal would be cut off and further tech would be done inside just to make sure that the winner was a winner.
The LO206 even with out a seal has all the merits of having a box stock class to keep the rising costs under control.
The seal does not eliminate tech. The consistency of the LO206 parts just makes tech easy to do.

Dang....The train got de-railed again! It's ok though....I'll wave a 'white' flag!! Hey....let's just have (1) 'Clone' Class and call it "Open (Non-Tech)" or, combine both "Box-Stock" Clone and Briggs&Stratton(206) into one common class and call them Both...."B/S"! (Sori...havn't had my morning coffee yet)

The problem with box stock is there too many variations on the boxes nobody knows what stock is anymore. You cannot even compare them to the engine they stole the design from because it has 5 or more generations.

The clone class is easy to control you just have to do it.Winnie pipes control the rpm along with springs.It will run along time like that.Stock rods will turn 6600 rpm no problem but not with alot of slack like some are running.If you really wont a class like that put you a .575 plate in one with big pipe.

The briggs 206 motor is a joke hand picked motors will soon be the winner and most of you will not get one.It was a small attempt to take back what they lost due to greed and the thought that they could control racing which they had done for years until now

Most people lose in kart racing because talent,money or knowledge engines are small parts but that is always the biggest consentration.

Just a few thoughts that work.

Back