RACE-1 preditor class

We are adding the bone stock preditor class for 2020 and looking for input. From what I read the stock and hemi motors are very close in hp straight out of the box.
We are thinking that either motor unaltered would be acceptable.
Looking for input

Do yourself a favor and require the hemi only.. if you allow both, it will cost your people extra money down the road because the hemi will out run the non hemi. Those who bought the non hemi will be forced to buy another engine.

It sure would be nice if all the tracks would be on the same page with the predator. That way ALL tracks could reap the benefits of racers traveling to visit other tracks. Tracks that favored their own set of rules for the clone didn't do good for the clone and it looks like Pa. Could be going down that road again. Just saying!!

I put a heat shield that they use for welding over your glove, bought at tractor supply $6 just filled it and bolted to chain guard. It’s like a 5x7 patch works prefect

Just go with Flat Run rules or Selinsgrove/Penns Creek rules. Just sucks they are completely different and you need 2 different motors to run those places.

Do whatever you think is best, but I promise you that there is a lot less cheating at the tracks using Don's rule set, trust me, I have asked around and looked at motors.

Last edited:
I agree with going with flat runs rules. Would be nice to run either track without swapping engines out.

I don’t have anything. Just starting out an getting my kids involved and never raced karts when I was younger so I have to buy everything. I will say though these kart rules suck from track to track. I thought when I raced big cars it was bad. Not enough close. You have 2 tracks roughly 45 minutes apart and rules/plates completely different. Makes perfect sense to me.

Makes a new person getting into the sport not even want to bother. Just my thoughts.

RACE-1 and Flatrun rules should be very close,
We (RACE-1) are just looking into the Hemi engine because we tried to buy 2 engines for exchange purposes and could only find Hemis
We also changed a plate in R/rookie class to make it easier to move from R/rookie to rookie that could easily be changed.

I don’t have anything. Just starting out an getting my kids involved and never raced karts when I was younger so I have to buy everything. I will say though these kart rules suck from track to track. I thought when I raced big cars it was bad. Not enough close. You have 2 tracks roughly 45 minutes apart and rules/plates completely different. Makes perfect sense to me.

Makes a new person getting into the sport not even want to bother. Just my thoughts.
They are like this all over, although Flat Run has changed their rules to more closely align with the other tracks in the region for 2020.

Not sure how old your kid is, but I don't think you need a predator at those tracks in the lower classes, you would want that clone.

After some shopping around we found only 1 plain preditor and lots of Hemi’s so our plan is either motor for now, no mixing of parts in any way.. we are also allowing the weinie pipe and muffler for now. Keep your original muffler, if the weinie shows an advantage we will get rid of the rule.
ANYBODY found with parts not original to their type of engine or altered in any way will be DQ for 366 days

Back