racing lo206 and akra pro clone together

New castle ran clones and 206's together, granted it was about 20 206's to about 5 clones, the 206's always seemed to win. However that very well could be the drivers running in the top 3 group. the clones did put up a couple of top 5 finishes throughout the season. I can not however speak to the actual lap time difference with only an engine change.

I have a similar issue with mixing Clones and LO206 engines at my .4 mile asp 10 turn sprint track. I started the LO206 last year running with the Box Stock Clones with small pipe in the Sr. class. We found they compete together just fine with the LO206 25# heavier. I now plan to mix the Clone and LO206 together in Jr.1 and Jr.2. I plan to run the LO206 with green slide in Jr.1 and Jr. 2 with yellow slide and adjust the Clone restrictor to be compatible. I can make custom restrictor for the clone if necessary. Both will run drum clutches and the clones will run the small pipe and muffler. Anyone have information or suggestions as to where to start with the clone restrictors. I can also adjust weights a few #'s in necessary.

We tried running clones and animals together and all the animals guys cried they couldn't keep up. Funny thing is NOT ONE clone won any race. The best finish was 3rd in all of the 8 races we tried this.

That's what I'm trying to avoid. I have no problem with my Senior classes, both engines won at different times. I'm trying to accomplish the same in the Junior classes. Any advice or help will be appreciated.

I think you're going to have to just try a few plate sizes on the clones and see how close things are. Maybe calculate the sq/in thru the open area of the 206 carb with green and yellow slides and try to find the closest plates for the clone?

for what its worth from a racer, i would love to see combined classes. in fact i'd love to see more open rules in general. in my kart racing utopia there would be a Light (325lbs) and Heavy (375) combined class with an open tire rule, and then an Animal class, and a Clone class/classes with whatever tire/pipe/clutch rule as a "budget racing" option. and in this utopia there would be multiple tracks in the area with the same classes/rules with a series that includes a visit to each track.

if someone could make this happen, i'd do backflips.

Back