Reaper tires- the low down

Surveyor

Getting ready to try reapers out at Hunterstown next weekend. What is the general thoughts for a box stock predator 375 lbs? Prep. Inside or out side. Pressure. Cut or not. Prep throughout the week. How harsh. This is a reaper only class. I believe normally Maxxis tires are best, but I am open to all thoughts. I am preparing for a small reaper series that will run at several tracks. Even some tire theory - sidewall effects. Number of races a set might be good for. Any help appreciated. Thank you

We have a Box stock class here also with Reapers only also. Trying to learn what i can. Ran them a few times at two different tracks. Sometime they seem good and sometime they don't. I got a bottle of the MBM Reaper prep. Think i am just going to clean them with simple green and water and use the Reaper. prep. Think i am going to clean them tomorrow, let them dry and wipe them with WD 40 and wrap them till the weekend and try prepping at the track.

Do not roll them. You will make them fire off and die. Stick to non aggressive preps black sand/acrysol work well. So does Austin Bankers DST.

Your right. On the can it says Pink Magic and under neath is says HBM Reaper.

Attachments

• 20230529_074955.jpg
    20230529_074955.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 60
Getting ready to try reapers out at Hunterstown next weekend. What is the general thoughts for a box stock predator 375 lbs? Prep. Inside or out side. Pressure. Cut or not. Prep throughout the week. How harsh. This is a reaper only class. I believe normally Maxxis tires are best, but I am open to all thoughts. I am preparing for a small reaper series that will run at several tracks. Even some tire theory - sidewall effects. Number of races a set might be good for. Any help appreciated. Thank you
You have a PM

Ran them Saturday night. Wiped a couple coats of Pink Magic on them Friday. Wiped them with a coat before hot laps. They did pretty good. Was really going through 3 & 4 good but you could tell it had more moisture than 1 & 2.
Cleaned them and wiped them again before the heat race. Kart was loose on both ends. I figured they would do better in the heat than in hot laps. I didn't run them in the feature. Don't know what i should have did.

Back