Rear pills on triton

So... I'm a bit confused and hoping I could get some help. I've got a 2013 triton elite and I'm having a hard time getting my cross up, so I started brain storming. I had scaled my kart with a 1/16" pill in the rear and had desired cross. Then I was told by who scaled me to purchase a 1/8" pill and install it and not to worry about it effecting anything and I havnt hit the scales all season until tonight. I found my cross to be off by 8.0% too low. I have not made any adjustments besides a .25 increment of RF camber, so I'm guessing a smaller 1/16" pull yields more cross? Would it really effect the kart by 8.0% it hasn't been in any wrecks so nothing's bent or anything, same tires with same air pressures as well. Would going back to a 1/16" pill solve my issue? Would it also transfer more weight to the LR after weight transfer in the apex resulting in a tighter exit? Or is that just cross in general.

Thanks so much!

I think you pretty much answered your own question with " same tires " and " aint scaled the kart all season until tonight ".
Tires wear, and the edges wear out, yielding less cross. Triton should have an 1/8" pill in LR, and no problems getting cross.

I originally was thinking spindle as i had had a similar issue on my Stinger chassis, however i don't see how as the spindle is 10 races old and I've never wrecked or even slammed my RF...

yes however it was only to compensate for having a set of tires on with more offset rims, the axel is marked where those two positions were, about 1/2". But because its just compensating for an offset i feel like it wouldn't effect cross at all considering the tire is in the exact same place and tread width has not changed.

Which way do you have the holes up or down in the plugs? Would be a much bigger change if the 1/6 were took out say holes up and 1/8 were put in holes down. Or any combination of the two if put in and the holes reversed.

I'm with Earl, the slugs didn't change 8% although they may well have changed it 2 to 3%. What did change it could be a combination of a great many things which, at this point, will be hard to figure out exactly. If I were you I'd probably go through everything in detail to make sure nothing is bent and then put it all back together and start over.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I wound up starting over from zero and re-adding all my weights to get my numbers to where i wanted them, i fear my RF scale may be on its way to retirement as i had used my friends scales and found a great difference in the RF weights... also his leveling stand is about another $600 more than mine, but nevertheless i am exactly at the right numbers and i appreciate everyones input greatly!

For grins, using your own scales, write down your cross %, then spin the kart around 180 degrees and put back on the scales, do you get the same cross %?

If not you have a scale pad problem or they are not level.

For grins, using your own scales, write down your cross %, then spin the kart around 180 degrees and put back on the scales, do you get the same cross %?

AHA! we've got a mind reader in here! :) i had planned on doing this Friday and i will post what info i find soon after! i have a feeling i may find the numbers to be quite different. Fortunately I've got 6 months left on their warranty! Thanks!

Not sure spinning 180* will do it. lr and rf change places for sure but on same pair of scales. Definatly would want to watch corner weight for changes as well as %changes. May be better to move or switch 2 right side scales..
Just a thought.

Back