red, blue, yellow clone also LO206

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
what is meant by the colors when someone says I have a R,B, Y clone or a blue lo206 Vs a red LO206... Please tell me it's not just the cover... I really hope there's more to it then side covers..

Generally speaking the yellow clone is a Box Stock Project http://www.boxstockproject.com/ and the red clone is a Dupor or Ducar. All clones are less expensive imitations of the Honda GX200 four stroke gasoline engine. Most, if not all clone parts are interchangeable with each other across the brands. I'm not too sure what the blue clone is, it may be a Greyhound. With that being said, a racer or engine builder can paint the engine cover any color they choose. The color of an engine cover is a non-tech item.

The blue vs red LO 206 on the other hand is a mystery to me. All Briggs and Stratton LO 206's leave the factory with an orange engine cover.

Clone color is determined by the Importer when he orders them REGARDLESS of its brand or orgin
Actively now theirs Yellow,,Black,,Red & Blues being sold and came into the country that way within the last year..

Color does NOT indicate quality.

on the 206, what do the different slides effect? are they like the restrictor plates? which one would give you the best most air fuel flow.. Adult class 206.

yes the slides are similar to a restrictor plate. They limit opening and air flow. The black slide is the adult slide.

Back