red vegas prep?

scorpion52

anyone have good luck with red vegas? i run a 10th mile hard clay bullring on a vega tire rule. everyone runs yellow vegas with only a couple trying the reds. getting duro down to around 50 will they be faster than the yellows?

Reds on hard biting track are alright.
Faster than yellow punching 50 on a short track? Probably not. Some of the UAS type classes will use the red for durability over the yellows, but I would imagine that yellows are almost always faster.
Hey, you won't know until you try it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

thanks for the advice. the few on reds didnt fair too well in our stock classes. i think if anything ill use a set of mbs yellows for a hard set with some hotlapll. i can use hl2 as a conditioner right?

Yea, that's fine -- depending on what you're trying to accomplish, there would likely be better preps for conditioning and grip. HL2 is very forgiving though and easy to use.

just trying to put together a fast set of vegas for when the track gets black and bites up. most everyone is on black sand but it seems they fall off by end of feature... we have a no prep rule at the track.

Something internal would help (even HL2 if that's what you've got.)
Black Sand is NOT a good prep for internal use. Good for outside IF you have plenty of cure time.

ive used flipflop inside and medium wiped on trackside before at a dustier track with good results. im planning on using an sst/ tire tough mix for internal prep.. anything better than blacksand for dirtphault tracks? mainly one groove racing, gets really loose dirt up top usually

The reds can be faster than the yellows in a lot of cases. Just have to have them prepped heavily inside to drop the duro

any advice for running vegas on hard, good biting track? weather it be red vegas or yellows. i cannot prep at the track

I would roll 4-5 ozs of internal in them with heat to try and get the internal as far in the tire as possible. The heat will help lower the duro also. That is for reds. And during the cold months I would make sure to have a hot box at the track also

For yellows maybe 2-3 ozs internal for night time. A little less for daytime

looking for something different than black sand. perhaps something with an edge over black sand i can use during the week that wont go away throughout the day.

looking for something different than black sand. perhaps something with an edge over black sand i can use during the week that wont go away throughout the day.

Palmetto has several preps that will do what you need. Lately i have been using Palmetto and Pink Magic and tires have been perfect

Love the Reds where I can run a 50-52 or higher duro tire. Kryptonite inside works well to add bite.
Randy at Trak Tac can give you great advice on internal prepping and what all for the vega reds.

Back