red vegas prep?

We have had very good luck with the Reds on tracks that was hard, abrasive, and starting to build bite with the duro at about 52-57.... I used 90cc's in the rights and 60cc's in the lefts and finished by wiping the outside for bite. I used Moonshine Grape Inside and wiped the outsides with Moonshine Cherry. I myself have had good results with this combo along with our customers that we have done this for. Hope this helps y'all some and if you would like to talk feel free to give me a call.
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757

Even though we have not run the Reds in a long time I was very impressed with them when they first came out. They were faster than a Maxxis at the time and just as fast as a Firestone. It has been at least 3 years since I have ran any but Im sure they are still a good tire. I dont think you can get them to compete with a Yellow if the track calls for a Yellow. I would recommend only using the Reds if the track is medium to high bite.

i would love to be able to throw reds on for the feature when the track finally has some good bite but we are stuck on one set of tires for the day (ends at 5pm) track (10th mile) starts off with little bite and slowly starts taking good rubber over the day with a 60 kart count

Back