Roll speed

Rolls the freest at the end of the straits ways and entering corner...not over planting the tires on the strait away causing to much drag reducing speed...that is what I have always called roll speed... Mainly only effects karts on big ,fast racetracks.. If your on the same motor,tires,and same gear..who is rolling the fastest at the entry to the corner

Rolls the freest at the end of the straits ways and entering corner...not over planting the tires on the strait away causing to much drag reducing speed...that is what I have always called roll speed... Mainly only effects karts on big ,fast racetracks.. If your on the same motor,tires,and same gear..who is rolling the fastest at the entry to the corner
I don't think a chassis would make the difference.. I would say camber, tire pressure, oil in the motor, body work, gear choice, and good handling.. drafting would help on those tracks for sure.. why would one chassis be any different?

I don't think a chassis would make the difference.. I would say camber, tire pressure, oil in the motor, body work, gear choice, and good handling.. drafting would help on those tracks for sure.. why would one chassis be any different?

If what your saying is true, why are there racers who will buy a new chassis, run it 5-10 races, then sell it off and buy a new one again, and keep repeating that process? Like you see with the Triton obviously. The chassis is what everything else revolves around the way I see it, its the foundation that the rest of your racing program relies on. If you have an old, outdated or worn out chassis, and brand new tires, engine and everything else, do you feel like your getting the most speed potential you can out of your racing program as you would get with a new/newer fresh chassis, with all the latest technology, new tires and new engine?

I believe what the man is asking, is what chassis has the potential to make the most speed around the racetrack, given that you have the tires right, a good strong engine, and a driver who can maneuver the kart around the track and put it where it needs to go?

If what your saying is true, why are there racers who will buy a new chassis, run it 5-10 races, then sell it off and buy a new one again, and keep repeating that process? Like you see with the Triton obviously. The chassis is what everything else revolves around the way I see it, its the foundation that the rest of your racing program relies on. If you have an old, outdated or worn out chassis, and brand new tires, engine and everything else, do you feel like your getting the most speed potential you can out of your racing program as you would get with a new/newer fresh chassis, with all the latest technology, new tires and new engine?

I believe what the man is asking, is what chassis has the potential to make the most speed around the racetrack, given that you have the tires right, a good strong engine, and a driver who can maneuver the kart around the track and put it where it needs to go?

Theyre doing that because they get top re sale dollar, which in turn means they dont spend as much when getting another.

Theres several chassis out which have good roll speed. Chassis design can play a role in this, less flex better roll speed. Also less flex may hurt corner speed though. Theres a balance between roll and corner speed.

Those Tritons being sold after 5-10 races wouldn't happen to be Jr.'s would they :)

straight away speed,... is greatly dictated by corner speed and how well you maintain your bearings, or a cheater motor. if you take the same motor and clutch and strap them on 6 different mfg chassis and run a 1/8 mile drag strip I'm going to bet they all run the same time.

Not so much. I had a 12 yr old Margay that won the track championship 3 yrs in a row. It's how you maintain your machine.

I also have to disagree with Weddle, my girlfriend wheeled my bent 2004 Ultramax to several wins (limited schedule) and 2 track records this year racing with and beating brand new Trick Olimpics, Tritons, PhazeX's, Excentriks, and Slacks this year in stock lite. All about setup, tires, and driving

The epic has great role speed but can’t get out of its own way coming out compared to the new stuff.

As far as some old bent up kart winning

If you’re winning all the time on 10 year old stuff against new karts the computation is very low. Put someone with experience in/setting up them new karts and you won’t stand a chance. Take that to the Bank !

Triton seems to roll fine all the way around the track

Never said wins all the time, I said several times.... JJ Pacovich, Doug Stearly, Cale Ross, and Quentin Graham are pretty good names in PA, I think the competition factor is pretty good Angry...

I may be wrong, but I will never see a brand new chassis and assume that his bunch of tubing used as the frame is why he beat me.. generally I would say he did better with setup, tuning his motor, or driving was to blame. I wont say his chassis had more speed.. EVER that is why I THINK it is crazy to say a frame has more roll speed. I would be more likely to say he runs less stagger and it lets him run faster down the looong straights because the tires aren't fighting each other as much haha.. if that was the case.. i would say new bearings and a well maintained kart is going to be fast, with a big motor of course

"As far as some old bent up kart winning

If you’re winning all the time on 10 year old stuff against new karts the computation is very low. Put someone with experience in/setting up them new karts and you won’t stand a chance. Take that to the Bank !"

I stood plenty of chances.....and I did take it to the bank, and deposited it in my account. I guess if you're not capable of tuning a chassis yourself, you have to buy new and use the manufacturer's set-up to get going. I won more races on that old Margay than I have any other chassis I've owned, and that has been alot of them. New or used! And if you meant competition, instead of computation, they were some very talented and national racers.

The epic has great role speed but can’t get out of its own way coming out compared to the new stuff.

As far as some old bent up kart winning

If you’re winning all the time on 10 year old stuff against new karts the computation is very low. Put someone with experience in/setting up them new karts and you won’t stand a chance. Take that to the Bank !

Triton seems to roll fine all the way around the track

You couldnt be more wrong. My mid 90's pill front end kart wins all the time against STATE/NATIONAL champs. You cant tell me they dont know what they are doing. Its all about set up, gear ratio and tires... I would put my kart against any chassis on the market today and it will be just as fast.

People think you have to have 10k worth of equipment to be fast and thats not true. You just need to understand the track conditions and what adjustments to make to get it to the front. I have less than 1000 bucks in my entire set up and i am very competitive with any chassis/driver out there.

Hello all, I was talking about Dirt racing for some money races of at last $500 and up purses. NOT some Saturday night race were you get a plastic trophy for winning against 3 or 7 karts and some overweight driver behind the wheel.

As far as chaminships sure they are cool but you don’t even see the good teams running your local track for that either because they are out chasing the $$$ with new stuff not old stuff.

The old stuff can win Saturday night but as soon as some $$$ are on the line and the good teams roll in they are out in left field. Have seen it happen for 7 years so no need to go banging your chest about how you whip on the newer stuff with your bent up pill kart when the talent comes to town because it rarely happens.

Racerdad 55 Sorry to get off track a bit but I cant help it when I see people posting info that would take you down a slow expensive path to get your son fast.
I see your in the Indiana area Just take look at what’s out front at BH or Bi state and that will give you a good idea of what rolls. If you really need more help with this Pm me and I will Give you the lowdown but I am not going to post it just to have a bunch of ya yazzzz tell me there bent up pill kart can come to this area and take home the $$$$$$$

we have good guys show up on a pretty regular basis when there isnt anything going on anywhere else, so again the competition factor is pretty decent.

on a side note, i went to one big race ($2015 to win) as you would call it this past year on my old raced to death 2008 epic. started 22nd in the b main after i fixed my engine issues, finished 4th (missed transferring by 2) with a time good enough for 3rd in the Amain and probably passing the most cars all day in green flag conditions. Outran many top teams in the northeast on the stop watch my first time running b55s in 4 years, so once again, older stuff can in fact get it done just fine.

Back