Roll speed

Racerdad 55 Sorry to get off track a bit but I cant help it when I see people posting info that would take you down a slow expensive path to get your son fast.
I see your in the Indiana area Just take look at what’s out front at BH or Bi state and that will give you a good idea of what rolls. If you really need more help with this Pm me and I will Give you the lowdown but I am not going to post it just to have a bunch of ya yazzzz tell me there bent up pill kart can come to this area and take home the $$$$$$$

Thanks..... We have won features at both these racetrack in 2014...in the jr2 class.. Most nights tho we didn't turn the fastest lap..a lot of being in the right place at the right time!

Roll speed, I was thinking tires would be the key factor, along with a good setup....JMO....Oh by the way 03 Nem. still runs good and has been up front against newer karts...goes back to setup and tires....ain't scared...LOL

I guess you can't make a post on here anymore when someone ask advise without someone getting "Angry" and down grading everyone, and thinking they know it all.

Not so much. I had a 12 yr old Margay that won the track championship 3 yrs in a row. It's how you maintain your machine.

Well said, its all about maintenance!

We were running pretty good this past weekend until the fuel pump went to @#$% but its how you spend time with your kart and try different things to see if it works or not, its all about trail and error.

I too have seen "old bent-up stuff" win against new stuff driven by talent. It can if it is part of the overall best combination of chassis, engine, tires, setup, and driver.

These chassis flex, and can take a "set" to a track / engine / driver combination that makes it handle really great. But that can take some time to develop.

At one track, in the modified class, there was a guy who was overweight on a kart that was ten years old - but nobody could beat him. He was never found illegal in the tech barn, and the tech guys were both competent and honest. The guy told me he was so successful because he'd raced that kart at that track almost weekly for those ten years. It had taken a set to that track, influenced by his engine power and his weight and driving style. He said now-a-days when he tries to race that kart at another track he doesn't do as well because the kart's set doesn't really suit other tracks. So he only used it at that one track now... and it just worked well there. 'Course it surely didn't hurt to have all of that seat time at that track either!

Rolls the freest at the end of the straits ways and entering corner...not over planting the tires on the strait away causing to much drag reducing speed...that is what I have always called roll speed... Mainly only effects karts on big ,fast racetracks.. If your on the same motor,tires,and same gear..who is rolling the fastest at the entry to the corner

My interpretation and what I'm thinking about from what you explained is a function of driver ability, assuming things are setup to accommodate the driver skill of not completing or even initiating turn entry, until the latest point possible. IMHO, Greg Hodnett is a master at it and can use it as a tool better then most anyone when needed. Karting wise, I can't point to specific individuals, but I'm sure the same applies.

Four tires touching the ground the right way at the right time, a motor, and a driver who knows how to use what he has. Every thing else is just "bling" representing what used to be your money.
I'm not saying you can't buy speed and experience but, when use lose it; you can either learn what is going on and how to fix it or you can open your wallet again. You Choose...

Kart taking a set to a track? cmon now don't believe everything you hear. Too often racers don't even know why they are fast. Apparently he got lucky on the setup and he can't fond it at other tracks.

I run a 99 rocker champ set on pole at rockey top summer series ran 4 the in points and would been much better if we had money for a new set of tires never finished worse than 5th left track in the money every time fields of 24-26 its all setup kart don't know how old it is know what and how to use it

Back