Rumor has it??

Would be nice to have a couple to choose from in East Central Indiana. Do not mind traveling for the bigger money races but when Plymouth and Columbus are your closest you lose drivers to other levels and to sprint karting.

Would be awesome if they had tracks like Windfall,Armscamp,Gaston and Bryant where they could have a series. I know some have been sold or ran half ass in the past.

Gaston has the capability to be Possum Kingdom of the Midwest. Already has stands, lights and huge parking area. Just needs someone who hast time and a clue to run it.

Armscamp(Alexandria) will need a ton of work and a good dirt base to be worth visiting. Plus size of track will be vital. I know most hate the tight bullrings 1/10th and also the 1/4's or bigger due to motor wear. So would a 1/8 semi banked work there?

I heard larry boos was talking to stateline in edon ohio due to new guy at eldora wants to do away with karts... also heard that akron now runs mowers and mini wedges

Akron has been running mowers and mini wedges all along. Thought one of the mini wedge parents brought some equipment down to work the track so the mini wedges would have a dirt track to run on. Mowers were running there on Sundays when karts were still running.

Still not Alexandria (armscanp) which is where this started!
gv17,
When I was there last, I was just at the east end by one of the light poles still there. Was not able to walk it do to time restraints, so I was not sure how far to the west the track went and not sure how far the straight away wall went (or how much of it is still there) but am looking forward to checking it out when I can get down there. I think a banked 1/8 mile would be great myself !

gv17,
When I was there last, I was just at the east end by one of the light poles still there. Was not able to walk it do to time restraints, so I was not sure how far to the west the track went and not sure how far the straight away wall went (or how much of it is still there) but am looking forward to checking it out when I can get down there. I think a banked 1/8 mile would be great myself !
I believe it looks like they will be trying to use the inner 1/8 mile dirt track. The outside 1/4 was paved. They will have to turn over alot of dirt though to make sure the dirt out there is safe.
I would be interested in running there.

Ok here is the deal. The track that they halfass built in there is maybe a 1/12th to 1/16th. It is not graded and looks like a terrible backyard track. They threw a couple tires down on the inside no outside protection from the trash laying out there.

To do it right there is no way it will be ready for 2021! The track needs to be 2x bigger then the one they built out there. They also need to clear the trash out of the facility.
If they would clear out the infield of the old track and truly spent time working on it with proper equipment it would have a chance but as of right now do not hold your breath.

Ok here is the deal. The track that they halfass built in there is maybe a 1/12th to 1/16th. It is not graded and looks like a terrible backyard track. They threw a couple tires down on the inside no outside protection from the trash laying out there.

To do it right there is no way it will be ready for 2021! The track needs to be 2x bigger then the one they built out there. They also need to clear the trash out of the facility.
If they would clear out the infield of the old track and truly spent time working on it with proper equipment it would have a chance but as of right now do not hold your breath.
That sucks i am only an hour and a half from there and need a closer track than what is around now

That sucks i am only an hour and a half from there and need a closer track than what is around now
If something changes i will let you know! Doesn't look good! I could have Gaston running in 2 weeks if I had backing. Just do not know if board wants it running.

If something changes i will let you know! Doesn't look good! I could have Gaston running in 2 weeks if I had backing. Just do not know if board wants it running.
As of right now our closest tracks are in ohio or Michigan

I thought they would use most of the big track infield to make their kart track. That could have been a lot bigger than 1/12 . I thought they could at least get a 1/6 or 1/8 th in there with out a hole lot effort. That is very disappointing. I agree with Colt sr.

They could atleast get an 1/6th in there. Plenty of room. Looks like instead of putting the work in they just what land they could.
Colt ya it sucks around under here right now!
I sold my stuff after Fort Wayne closed. A few from around here still where running Plymouth or going down to Columbus.

They could atleast get an 1/6th in there. Plenty of room. Looks like instead of putting the work in they just what land they could.
Colt ya it sucks around under here right now!
I sold my stuff after Fort Wayne closed. A few from around here still where running Plymouth or going down to Columbus.
Yeah i was spoiled being a half hour from fort wayne... but when your kid is a great shoe you gotta find alternatives... i really think someone needs to approach gas city or Montpelier and see if they wont start running karts... gas city runs friday nights and montpelier runs saturdays with a curfew at night...

Back