Scaling for sprint?

Thanks for checking Ted, I like even more now knowing that it is rare, plus I love wearing stuff out that is technically illegal.

Thatvrace at Charlotte was very different compared to the races European karts are built for. I also have that book. And I actually know someone here who was a dealer for Arisco (a Spanish manufacturer) and run that race. Other than in very very special occasions you won't see setups with more than a percentage point setup on European chassis. They don't even take scales to most tracks. I have seen some ofvthe main manufacturers testing new frames and they were not even using scales. Everything tends to be set simmetrical. I have tested for some manufacturer in Spain. I know what I am talking about. Birel has had tough years after that Charlotte race. Took them a while to partially get back to their glory days. Competition is fierce nowadays, specially when in biggest classes everyone is on same spec engine (Rotax) and tires (Mojo). Sucks.

Thanks again Ted, Now I know why the Birel had an american axle and hubs. It does work well for the ice ovals we have been using it for.

Here's the guy selling the Birel offsets: http://www.begeman.org/karts.html
I don’t understand why that kart can’t race with the rest of them? Is there something in the way it’s put together that disqualifies it?
Anybody got pictures of the CRG?
Is this an American chassis only thing?
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

WKA being exclusionary and inconsistent. They allow Euro chassis in the Man Cup, so I don't know why not in oval stuff. Perhaps nobody's complained loud enough to let it happen, but there's also no real Euro LTO's around -- WKA's move killed the momentum. I looked into the Birels and buying Begeman's lot, but they're 28mm chassis -- rather small tube for today's style of racing. I forget what he was asking. It does look like a rather innovative design.

Freezeman -- I suspect it works well because the chassis flex allows you to get all the available grip on ice...if you brought it to a tacky dirt oval, I suspect the shortcomings, if any, would be more obvious. Got any pics of your assembled chassis? Just curious..

Ted I'll get a couple pics, I saw on the web that it is a 30mm chassis I'll check it. To bad the one I have isn't the up graded one.

Not to change the subject but, hey Ted, I got that CRG on the track yesterday. Man that is a nice handling chassis. In was a little worried after hearing stories about how fussy CRG's can be to setup but the IRIS drove good right off the truck.

Ted, WKA even allow European chassis now in the Gold Cup with the 4 cycles if I am not wrong. That's part of the reason why they moved from 6" wheels to 5". They also allow offsets on the GC. I still think European chassis won't be competitive on ovals compared to US chassis. Same as most American chassis have a hard time competing with Europeans on sprint 2 cyccle classes.

Back