should something be done?

Jack I will be contacting nka tomorrow. My wife has talked to a couple lawyers. 1 that is very into racing. He said we have a very strong case and would love to help but practices a different type of law now and can't but I'm sure she will find 1 that does.

Just be cautious. Some lawyers will not simply address the individual issue(s) but instead move to shut down the track. It's easier for them that way. Then everyone that races there pays the consequences.

Something happened, something with the potential for somebody to get hurt, but nobody got hurt. Still, this is wrong. It sounds like something that should be seriously addressed, but in a calm and rational atmosphere.

Running onto the track, with the potential for somebody to get hurt, while yelling obscenities at the official, is also wrong. Not only wrong, but rules are in place to handle situations like that.

If it was me, and my track, I know what I would do. The last thing I would want is someone to be racing at my track who will yell lawyer with the smallest provocation.

While we did go on the track to check on our son. It wasn't until after they waved the checkered and all other karts were exiting the track. We didn't run out there yelling and cursing. We talked to the emt and then asked the race director why they did nothing till the heat was over. I asked my wife if she cursed because I didn't hear her. She said she didn't. If she did and it was such a big deal why was nothing done until a week later. After we had talked to the president about the incident and expressed that something needed to be done to prevent it in the future. I feel that it is a retaliation for questioning the race director. In the past if someone was cursing or obsene jesters they were removed immediately. Also last year there was an incident between my wife and the now president wife in the stands. Last year before he was president his wife told my son to shut up and my wife and her got into an argument about it. Just another possible motive on the situation.

Something happened, something with the potential for somebody to get hurt, but nobody got hurt. Still, this is wrong. It sounds like something that should be seriously addressed, but in a calm and rational atmosphere.

Running onto the track, with the potential for somebody to get hurt, while yelling obscenities at the official, is also wrong. Not only wrong, but rules are in place to handle situations like that.

If it was me, and my track, I know what I would do. The last thing I would want is someone to be racing at my track who will yell lawyer with the smallest provocation.

Every business that deals with the public runs the very real risk of displeasing a customer, or potential customer, who has or will have the tendency to sue for damages, real or imaginary.

Occasionally, a business learning of an existing customer with a tendency to sue, then "running them off", can result in a lawsuit against the business.

You are thinking of suing? when it looks like one of the factors in the incident is directly due to your negligence? Get real. It don't seem to me that you will make any new friends.

While we did go on the track to check on our son. It wasn't until after they waved the checkered and all other karts were exciting the track. We didn't run out there yelling and cursing. We talked to the emt and then asked the race director why they did nothing till the heat was over. I asked my wife if she cursed because I didn't hear her. She said she didn't. If age did and it was such a big deal why was nothing done until a week later. After we had talked to the president about the incident and expressed that something needed to be done to prevent it in the future.

It makes little difference what you did or did not do..............y'all have already been tried and found guilty by a jury of B4C peers. Everything you post can and most likely will be used against you.

Your Title should something be done. answer to that YES, To file a law suit NO if you got that kinda money to waste, move onto bigger form of racing, If you need to get the track owners attention that bad, you can do it without wasting a dime, simply call NKA and talk to Joe GREAT people, I'm sure he will speak with you and address your concern with the track. Then Move on.

Good Luck !!

Your Title should something be done. answer to that YES, To file a law suit NO if you got that kinda money to waste, move onto bigger form of racing, If you need to get the track owners attention that bad, you can do it without wasting a dime, simply call NKA and talk to Joe GREAT people, I'm sure he will speak with you and address your concern with the track. Then Move on.

Good Luck !!

Every karter has money to waste.

Promoters and track owners rely on it............and encourage it.

When jr racers especially jr 1 and jr 2 if there is any accident rather one kid or 2 they should throw a yellow . If a kid gets hurt and they continue to allow karts to scream by in a race then the track does not care. Keep your kid as safe as possible.

Good Luck !!

Thanks for the advice. Nobody would win in a law suit. Talking to Joe sounds like the wayto go. Just wanting it to never happen again weather it's my kid or another.

Go to a big race, you will see multiple kids, and adults, frantically waving trying to get a caution.
Magic happens if that caution gets thrown, the karts start all by themself, the chain jumps back on quickly, and the kart moves as soon as that yellow comes out...

I have been to big races, and we dont see crap like that here....even at the $50k race you were probably at last Sept

While we did go on the track to check on our son. It wasn't until after they waved the checkered and all other karts were exiting the track. We didn't run out there yelling and cursing. We talked to the emt and then asked the race director why they did nothing till the heat was over. I asked my wife if she cursed because I didn't hear her. She said she didn't. If she did and it was such a big deal why was nothing done until a week later. After we had talked to the president about the incident and expressed that something needed to be done to prevent it in the future. I feel that it is a retaliation for questioning the race director. In the past if someone was cursing or obsene jesters they were removed immediately. Also last year there was an incident between my wife and the now president wife in the stands. Last year before he was president his wife told my son to shut up and my wife and her got into an argument about it. Just another possible motive on the situation.

So one might say you already have bad feelings too. One might could say possible motive on your part as well?

One might say this thread would not have taken place if they would have done for the child as you had wished.

Another might say this thread would not have taken place if the excess length in the belts were properly rolled up and strapped or taped so as to not pose a problem.

As Jamie said, "There's always three sides to every story."

A story has been presented here with only one side of the story.

we are all accustomed to hearing frivolous law suits because someone got their sensitive little ego bruised....and the climate that we are living in is two fold....don't like someone or something? sue them.....then you have idiot "counselors" (I se that term very loosely) telling the kids that if they don't like something or a punishment that a parent gives out, then they should call 911 and report them....society has engrained this in the collective psyche of kids....

now to racing...gthe same thing is happening.....parents tell the kids that if they don't like the start, spin out...draw the caution so that they can get a better jump...if they loose control, blame it on someone else so they get their spot back... act like something is wrong and you'll get a better spot when they throw a caution...if the parents would get locked up during the race, I think you'd se some true talent coming out...not a Richard petty wanna be. I've seen it happen both ways....throw a caution so you can make sure that no one gets hurt or is hurt and you draw the complaints from the parents who kid just banged second out of his spot....throw a caution to check on someone and your gonna get an earful....that I can almost promise!!!

no one needs to worry about getting the track workers attention if they are hurt...they track should be watching and cognizant that some people do have other problems that may come up....but at the same time, it's a fine line to walk if you have to make a judgment call on if someone is hurt or faking it...

track workers and flagmen have to reply on judgment and experience when it comes to calls made during a race...and the parents need to back off!!

just sayin......and rebsfan....you are 100 percent, totally correct and so is Jamie...there three sides to every story and it's a proven fact....your side, my side and the truth.....

All these post and the guy is still not accepting responsibility. People are inherently self preserving....meaning they will say and do whatever is necessary to protect themselves...weather right or wrong.

Thanks for the advice. Nobody would win in a law suit. Talking to Joe sounds like the wayto go. Just wanting it to never happen again weather it's my kid or another.

I think that's a good Idea, NKA are great people to deal with, I'm sure after your conversation Joe will deal with it, to help them understand SO it does not happen again.
Again Good Luck where ever ya Race, Sorry you had a bad experience.

Jack I will be contacting nka tomorrow. My wife has talked to a couple lawyers. 1 that is very into racing. He said we have a very strong case and would love to help but practices a different type of law now and can't but I'm sure she will find 1 that does.

You may not be aware of it YET, But ALL/Any Liaryer will tell you that you 'Have a Case'! Gee...why can that be? Duhhhhh!

Back