should something be done?

Darn...ya'll will just hv2 forgive (4get) me, but this kinda gar-baush is more fun reading and commenting on than racing a 'Box-Stock' Clone....LOL How ya be 'reb'? :)

If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers. Doesn't sound like there was any damages so find a new track and move on.

All I can say is stop all this comment and do what you have to do, end of story keep us posted on the results please and the lawyer name....................we may need them

If it wasn't for lawyers, we wouldn't need lawyers. Doesn't sound like there was any damages so find a new track and move on.

Congrats to all you lawyer bashers! No I am not a lawyer. And there are unethical lawyers out there. Someday you may do nothing wrong or break any laws - just be in the wrong place at the wrong time and you bashers will be kissing the feet of a lawyer who saves your you know what.

All these post and the guy is still not accepting responsibility. People are inherently self preserving....meaning they will say and do whatever is necessary to protect themselves...weather right or wrong.

In my very first post I said it was my fault for the belts being loose and getting caught. So if your child was out on a track and a fuel line got loose and caught on fire you are saying that they shouldn't throw a caution because it was your mistake. Get real.

They have also changed the points that they had posted taking us from 1st to 3rd with no racing points since the incident. They just took 22 points from us as well as hard 0 for the next 2 weeks. They are doing everything they can to keep him from getting a 2nd track championship.

Being as the OP has way more brains and self control than I could have come up with, I think he is looking to equalize his platform of complaint with a lawyer. I certainly believe that in many cases, that is exactly what drives litigation. It is an adjustment of fulcrum points and levers. The man has a very valid issue and is struck dumb that there is even an argument about it. That is where his real anger comes from. Look. Anyone in a position to direct the activities upon an active race track, that allowed this to go on, obviously needs additional training. It simply promotes hazard that can be easily mitigated. Failure to take proper action leads to both negligence and if its pushed, willful misconduct. Both are supremely actionable. The decision part is a mistake. To defend the action, after the fact, is absurd. Parents get freaked out when a kid, especially their kid is involved in a crash of any kind. I had 5 kids go all the way from kid karts to the Sr. classes. Seen lots of wrecks and actually witnessed a fatality in the Jr 1's. where a little girl made the green flag without her helmet buckled and that memory aint going away ever. But in hundreds of races, I never witnessed what is described above by the OP. That's just crazy. When it comes to the Juniors, there is simply no safe-enough. Anyone that does not put that premise as their first directive, for any reason, is making a mistake and should not only reconsider their position, but make some serious changes.

They have also changed the points that they had posted taking us from 1st to 3rd with no racing points since the incident. They just took 22 points from us as well as hard 0 for the next 2 weeks. They are doing everything they can to keep him from getting a 2nd track championship.

In your anger, you took y'all's problems public, trying to steer public opinion against them. Seems reasonable that they would deprive you and yours from any glory if possible..............and it appears that it is possible.

Surely you didn't expect them to jump through hoops to make y'all happy.

Keep on, and they might just delete him from their records altogether. No records.......no points at all...........no recognition.......no glory.

In my very first post I said it was my fault for the belts being loose and getting caught. So if your child was out on a track and a fuel line got loose and caught on fire you are saying that they shouldn't throw a caution because it was your mistake. Get real.

OK...you admit guilt, then why are you wanting to punish someone else for your lack of safety? I've been racing for 50yrs and if I put a driver in my car, let alone my own child, it's my top priority that everything is right.

Go to a big race, you will see multiple kids, and adults, frantically waving trying to get a caution.
Magic happens if that caution gets thrown, the karts start all by themself, the chain jumps back on quickly, and the kart moves as soon as that yellow comes out...

Reason number 1 to not go to a big race with your 9 year old...

Being as the OP has way more brains and self control than I could have come up with, I think he is looking to equalize his platform of complaint with a lawyer. I certainly believe that in many cases, that is exactly what drives litigation. It is an adjustment of fulcrum points and levers. The man has a very valid issue and is struck dumb that there is even an argument about it. That is where his real anger comes from. Look. Anyone in a position to direct the activities upon an active race track, that allowed this to go on, obviously needs additional training. It simply promotes hazard that can be easily mitigated. Failure to take proper action leads to both negligence and if its pushed, willful misconduct. Both are supremely actionable. The decision part is a mistake. To defend the action, after the fact, is absurd. Parents get freaked out when a kid, especially their kid is involved in a crash of any kind. I had 5 kids go all the way from kid karts to the Sr. classes. Seen lots of wrecks and actually witnessed a fatality in the Jr 1's. where a little girl made the green flag without her helmet buckled and that memory aint going away ever. But in hundreds of races, I never witnessed what is described above by the OP. That's just crazy. When it comes to the Juniors, there is simply no safe-enough. Anyone that does not put that premise as their first directive, for any reason, is making a mistake and should not only reconsider their position, but make some serious changes.

Yes.

Very well said

Waving for a caution is not a rare circumstance. When all is said and done, I'm glad the young man is OK. That's what is important in the long run.

Back