Show me the rule ,

I've always been an advocate for one set of rules for the LO206. I believe Briggs would welcome the other rule organizations copying their rule set verbatium.

If the slide opens too far, Tighten it with a pliers

I've had 4 or 5 like that. All were the Walbro carbs. Most can be tightened with pliers and made to pass, but a few still would not pass even changing top caps did not help. Have not had problems with any recently.

Steve- Seems that in every form of organized racing on the planet, the successful ones have car-count, and close racing. It will take a bit more work to understand if close racing brought the entry numbers up, or a quality promoter made that happen, or something else influenced the success? We can agree that so many contributing factors lead to the diminished entries. Heck, auto shop classes in high school are almost non-existent in urban circles, and kids working on farms that gained mechanical aptitude are few & far between as well. Parents are both working, sometimes it's easier to buy them a video game so the kids can entertain themselves, and for pennies on the dollar when compared to karting.

My point, growth in karting is relative to a bazillion other options available to those who finance a trip to the track. Large organizations (including F1 & NASCAR) are feeling the pinch of diminished ticket sales. A PR friend that worked on 1 Daytona blvd shared two years ago just how concerned that organization is regarding the fall-off in attendance & viewership. Fresh ideas, safety, organization, along with affordability are key to bringing more into any sport available to kids. Close racing will pull some veteran karters out of retirement, then others are wanting to belong to a quality environment. All new products have a life cycle, the downside is that some businesses will lose market share as products like the 206 emerges, negatively impacting their cash-flow. I'm excited about grids of 35 like we had yesterday in Davis CA. Now, it's up to people like you & I regarding how we manage this bubble that leads to retention.

Growing kart racing can be done! It depends on how hard you or you and your club or track want to work at it.
At my home track, Road America we have an explore Karting day in April that attracts s lot of interest. People can show up with their kid and get some free classroom instruction and also some free seat time. Last April was the best attendance we've ever had. If memory serves me right I think we had 35 butts in seats that day. Not all of those people turned out to be racers but many of the did. Our numbers are the best they have been I years. Along with the explore KARTING day I have also gotten into the kart rental business. I really don't make any money at it but a lot of the explore KARTING people aren't ready to buy a go kart after s few laps. The next year many of them are.
Its a lot of work but it gets new people into the sport.

I have a $400 former TAG kart with a clone on it that is the "loaner", anyone with some driving credentials can give it a try before they decide to take the plunge. I have to agree Gonzari, we've seen steady growth with the Lo206. I think the only problem at our track is they are whopping the rest of us because I think their kart/driver weights are the most advantageous this year. Need to see 10-15#'s come off the WF and stock clone weights at least on our track as we are all running about 1.5 seconds a lap behind.
This saturdays race was a bust though, rained very heavy, then dried out, but the wind came up and shoved all the barriers to the north side of the turns and then the power went out. Some places still don't have power restored as we had so many tree's that came down across the lines.

The gold slide was specifically named on the entry form, for all to see when they signed up.

yes your right a change from the 2015 Ikf rule book Most of the country that run IKF RULES runs the gold plate In Region 6 one of the strongest Ikf regions we do in both animal and 206 . If my info is correct Region 6 acounted for 60 % or better in entries in these classes . why do you change to a gold slide for one race or race event when its the IKF 4 CYCLE GRAND NATIONALS and do it with out tech up date on the ikf web oh yes lets make karting grow ???????

Elmer, we've been exploring the slide option for two years. 1/4 Midgets used it for a while, encountered issues, went away from it. The plan was to work the bugs out prior to implementing slides in the IKF book, we have a plan to include slides in the '16 rulebook. As always, some make it their job to critique past efforts, contributing little more than opinion. I'll accept full responsibility on the slide, assumed racers knew the options based on previous knowledge that Junior 1 206 kids are running them. During the National event, we assisted racers with an explanation of the process to open the slide to .570. I worked countless hours on putting the 4 cycle grands together, not enough hours in the day to do much more. Here are the breakdowns of racers per region: 14% Region 7, 28% region 6, and 58% region 11. The rest were single-digit percentages. Please call me if you want to assist with something in karting, ANYTHING? An ounce of demonstration in the karting community is worth a pound of explanation on this forum.

Dan we have discussed this slide issue on the phone and on this forum befor As for me ive been promoting karting and have spent thousands of hrs as a race official club, regional , and ntional since somewhere around the late 70s years before the current batch of experts etc were born or in many cases discovered this sport . while i respect and understand the time given by so many over the years its my belief fairness and continued use of the published rules deliver a better value and enjoyment of the national race experience . There is time and a place for change thats at the end of the race season next think about what you posted what if s like all the time you spent implamenting this change im sure you could have put that time to better use and or some well deserved relaxcation 53 years of karting and still loving it

Elmer, if I had a dollar for every time you *****ed about stuff and had to pay a c-note for every time you joined the team and became a part of the solution, I would be up by several hundred.

well well , why would i want to join a team and be part of the issue Funny , when a person points out some issues . Your labled a problem and a complainer as usual theres some one to push the blame to others . All ive ever done is point out that the ruls as printed were not followed. I dont make the rules . Anyone can gobck and read all my post since day one . Im old school im about fairness and building this sport . excey why i post in hopes of getting every one on the same page We have enough ( want to be ) Long Rangers who go out side the box and add to the issues . What we need is some good honest people with no agenda to step up and work toward building this sport . Enough said .

Back