smc clutch link

I bend my own using .125 fully annealed music wire. I grind a small groove on the clutch side instead of a hole just deep enough to get the hairpin in between it and the housing. Way easier faster and works just or better than a hole as well. A flat bottomed "U" lasts way longer than a single radius clip/ link. I use a minimum of 2 clips. If the housing is older drill the extra holes so that you can use 2. Many times I've come in and one clip is half gone or not there at all but the other clip still is. BTW LAD (Don) bought all of SMC's (Toms) stock of clips. He has them but I like mine better.

I bend my own using .125 fully annealed music wire. I grind a small groove on the clutch side instead of a hole just deep enough to get the hairpin in between it and the housing. Way easier faster and works just or better than a hole as well. A flat bottomed "U" lasts way longer than a single radius clip/ link. I use a minimum of 2 clips. If the housing is older drill the extra holes so that you can use 2. Many times I've come in and one clip is half gone or not there at all but the other clip still is. BTW LAD (Don) bought all of SMC's (Toms) stock of clips. He has them but I like mine better
Even if Don got SMC's stuff to my knowledge he made new links. Maybe he ran out of them too.

One pic shows enough. I'm sure these will eventually break like everything else on my karts but on my stuff I haven't broken one yet. Previously I'd break 6 or so of the one big radius style a year.

Attachments

• 20230708_065857.jpg
    20230708_065857.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
One pic shows enough. I'm sure these will eventually break like everything else on my karts but on my stuff I haven't broken one yet. Previously I'd break 6 or so of the one big radius style a year.
Looks like you are ready to ship them abroad eith your passport, lol. Now serious What I have seen is that most times I have broken them is when having other issues, like problems to start the engine, crank issues like not enough tolerance or play once, etc

Looks like you are ready to ship them abroad eith your passport, lol. Now serious What I have seen is that most times I have broken them is when having other issues, like problems to start the engine, crank issues like not enough tolerance or play once, etc
I wish I was going somewhere like Spain, but no, the Wife just wants to go to Niagara Falls when we are back
East next month. She might want to go to the Canadian side so I'm just trying to be proactive. I can't believe that I need some kind of enhanced ID just to cross but that thought doesn't belong on Bob's.....

Back