Straighten bent triton?

Tgrove3t

Seeing if there is anyone anywhere that would possibly be able to line out a bent 2014 triton. Frame was bent around the lr cassette. Most of it seems to be behind cassette but throws numbers off a couple %. Wondering if there was a way or someone who could help with getting it back close to specs?

I'd call James at PRC, they would have to put it on the jig to see exactly what all is bent.

If it's just the tail, bend it back down as best you can put it back on scales and reset everything to your numbers, it may surprise you and actually be faster. I for sure would't but any money out until I tried it myself.

If it's just the tail, bend it back down as best you can put it back on scales and reset everything to your numbers, it may surprise you and actually be faster. I for sure would't but any money out until I tried it myself.
Well we tried to bend it back as best as possible still not able to get back to the numbers. The hit was only in the rear and still bent up about 1/4”

If it's still bent you need to bend it some more .
Flip it over . Set in garage door opening .
put it on block's in the appropriate place.
Cut a 4/4 to the length needed plus a small hydraulic jack.
You should be able to adjust it to suit easily .

I have a 2' long piece of heavy square tubing, some chain and a 5 ton bottle jack. Hang the tubing with loops of chain on both sides of the bend then put the jack in the middle where it's bent and cushion the ram with a piece of plywood. Then jack it until it bends straight.

Where are you located? I have a buddy in Michigan who is a wizard with repairing bent and broken chassis. Can do anything from straightening frame to building complete chassis’s from scratch.

Where are you located? I have a buddy in Michigan who is a wizard with repairing bent and broken chassis. Can do anything from straightening frame to building complete chassis’s from scratch.
North Alabama. Wouldn’t be worth the shipping cost for what the frame is worth more than likely

North Alabama. Wouldn’t be worth the shipping cost for what the frame is worth more than likely
Secure it to a solid surface real good, use a heavy ratchet strap around the frame to pull it back down, you'll have to pull it well past where it needs to be as it will spring back up after pressure is released.

Good Luck !!

That's me how I am but u pull it w e then u at track kart not handling rite U lost entry,gas,tire wear,motor wear that's a few hundred there and again this is me so no chance...

That's me how I am but u pull it w e then u at track kart not handling rite U lost entry,gas,tire wear,motor wear that's a few hundred there and again this is me so no chance...
Already pulling another one to the track. That 150 lb kart isn’t going to cost me hundreds to pull it 40 miles. Literally a 20 dollar entry to the track. Run some laps put it back on the trailer. Racing isn’t budget friendly regardless and we all know this.

I would not hesitate either . Coyote actually put it in print ( bend the chassis if the numbers are way off ) .
Shoot you could buy brand new and still have issues .

Sprint racers straighten chassis all the time... I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just account for tubing "spring" when you correct it, so you'll "overbend" correction and let it spring back to correct point. PEople used to prop up chassis on a couple of 2x4's and have someone jump on it a couple of times....it isn't rocket science, but the more care you take to do it right, the better your results will be.

Last edited:
Me and my sister raced same local track as kids. We always thought her kart was wrecked and straightened. Just wouldn't keep up and seemed not right. Well we went to a smaller dry track. The old wrecked/straightened kart ran up front. While we got lapped. I think it can hurt ya. But a lil Tweak in that case helped big time. I've saw it in stock cars. Car brushes the wall and runs faster after a lil impact. But definitely be fixed but never the same. Always be Diamonded/Pizzlesprung.

Last edited:
This one was bent before the cassette i bent it with a torch back and welded extra support in and it drives like a new one😂.🤷🏻‍♂️People have ocd when it comes to racing but most of its a waste of money to go buy new **** all the time.

Attachments

• 7725AC7D-52C8-46AF-8916-FD161F10A375.jpeg
    7725AC7D-52C8-46AF-8916-FD161F10A375.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 87
Back