successful covid open practice.

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
Just a heads up for those getting ready or trying to hold open practice. Galesburg speedway, our local race car track held its first practice. 40 cars, 3 people per car. driver/ 2 crew. lots of rules to follow, but we got it in with no issues. temp and sign off of a few covid questions. masks for every one, parked every other spot, and designated watching points with 6-10 personal space rules.. HAPPY TO BE BACK AT IT. Good luck to you all

Glad to hear you are able to give it a start. All efforts around here have been stymied by our dictator, Governor Wolf, who simply issues edicts rather than negotiating with County and Track officials. So far, after initial approval at the state level, every effort Selinsgrove Speedway has made to race sprint cars last weekend and this weekend has been shut down, with no explanation from the state.

Interesting that a proposal that would have a max of 300 people on a 70 acre plot would be shut down, but Walmart can have 300 people on 2 acres.....

Glad to hear you are able to give it a start. All efforts around here have been stymied by our dictator, Governor Wolf, who simply issues edicts rather than negotiating with County and Track officials. So far, after initial approval at the state level, every effort Selinsgrove Speedway has made to race sprint cars last weekend and this weekend has been shut down, with no explanation from the state.

Interesting that a proposal that would have a max of 300 people on a 70 acre plot would be shut down, but Walmart can have 300 people on 2 acres.....
Seven Stars Speedway in Juniata Co raced karts today I think it was 158 entries.

They only ran 15 or so classes. Clone had 25 and 28, multiple heats in a couple kids classes. It doesn't take much to pack that place.

I get the no money classes, just thought more would use it as a test and tune. I mean, that is 3x or more what Selinsgrove gets on a Friday night, it's a stout number, just guess I don't get the "I don't show up if it isn't for money" mentality. To me, track time only makes you better.

I get the no money classes, just thought more would use it as a test and tune. I mean, that is 3x or more what Selinsgrove gets on a Friday night, it's a stout number, just guess I don't get the "I don't show up if it isn't for money" mentality. To me, track time only makes you better.
I should of said xtra money class so guy's enter regular class and money, If that would of been offered yesterday for just the 2 clone classes, that alone would of been 50 more entries.

They only ran 15 or so classes. Clone had 25 and 28, multiple heats in a couple kids classes. It doesn't take much to pack that place.
We had a test n tune day that had 85 karts in the pits. Everybody distanced, but we didn't have to do the temp or questionnaire. We just showed up and stayed away from each other. 40 seems pretty low.

Back