Today is Vietnam Veteran’s Day

All that most of us wanted to do was to come home to our families, and to be treated like we did something that mattered, however, that wasn't the case. We thought we were doing the right thing for our country, and most were proud to be soldiers. But our country turned their backs on us and treated us like we were the enemy. We were kids, 17-18 and 19 years old who grew up fast in those few years, and over 58,000 didn't get to grow up at all. I was almost one of those 58,000. Now, when someone says to me, "thank you for fighting for your country"....I say, "the only thing I fought for was my life!" Through all of that, I still think this is the greatest country on the planet.! God bless our soldiers and God Bless America.
My father was one of the ones that didnt make it back, I never saw him, but he saw pictures of me
http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=52961

Very sorry to hear Jamie. I'm sure he was proud of you as much as we are proud of him. May he Rest in Peace.

Thats one thing that is on my bucket list when I retire this summer. #1 visit the wall.

So sorry Jamie. I've been wanting to visit the wall but haven't talked myself into it yet.
Thank you for your service, my grandmother always said if i wanted to see him just look in the mirror.
My mother was planing a trip as well until she fell ill, said maybe this fall

My father-in-law served. He was a medic with the 101 Special Forces.

They were ambushed in a field, his captain was wounded, my father-in-law ran out into the open, was shot and still saved his captain and his self. He received a purple heart and a bronze star. The letter for the bronze star said because of his efforts he saved his captains life due to where he was wounded.

To me Vietnam Vets do not get the credit they deserve.

Thank you all for your service!

Back